• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Instructor from Southamerica (Argentina) saying hi to this amazing community!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome ! Skiing in Patagonia sounds awesome.

TS
esteban525

esteban525

https://fedewenzelski.com/
Instructor
Cerro Perito Moreno, in El Bolson, Argentina is a great place. We have (double black diamond) FIS level groomers with very steep pitches (we call them the walls), tons of back country terrain as well... And the best, no lift lines!!!
Feel free to check it out at: https://fedewenzelski.com/ski-patagonia/

Untitledj7yjmm.jpg

Cheers!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome!

I dream of returning to South America. I had a wonderful time there the two times I was there many moons ago.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Cerro Perito Moreno, in El Bolson, Argentina is a great place. We have (double black diamond) FIS level groomers with very steep pitches (we call them the walls), tons of back country terrain as well... And the best, no lift lines!!!
Feel free to check it out at: https://fedewenzelski.com/ski-patagonia/

8400 acres????? I have to be misreading that?

Tim Hodgson

PSIA Level II Alpine
Instructor
Federico your website is top notch!

You are an M.D. as well? I like your skiing and could like learn allot from you.

And especially when backcountry skiing.

Please post allot and help us deepen the knowledge pool!

Last edited:

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
We have many friends in Argentina and are glad to count Federico Wenzel amongst them. Patagonia is everything you may have heard and more.
You would be right to expect scenery and culture and good skiing, but it is the people who will leave the most lasting impression.
The steaks and Malbec will also prove memorable.
Hopefully, we can return this August.

pliny the elder

TS
esteban525

esteban525

Instructor

You are an M.D. as well? I like your skiing and could like learn allot from you.

Please deepen post allot and help us deepen the knowledge pool!

Thanks a lot Tim! I really appreciate it! Yes, I'm a professional ski instructor AADIDESS (Argentinan ski instructors association) and a Medical Doctor specialized in occupational medicine.
I practice them both professions, but skiing is definitely my lifelong passion....
My website is my new project. And my main focus is to bring skiers from the whole world to get to know Patagonia, the scenery, the culture, the people and the skiing we have down here... As @pliny the elder said, we have excellent beef and Malbec here! but the best kept secret is the Patagonian Lamb... top notch!
I'm really excited to participate in this incredible forum, and contribute with my 2 cents!
There are very dedicated skiers down here, and we study technique thoroughly... Argentina instructors association is a very active ISIA member.
Feel free to contact me, I'm happy to help!

All the best!

TS
esteban525

esteban525

Instructor
We have many friends in Argentina and are glad to count Federico Wenzel amongst them. Patagonia is everything you may have heard and more.
You would be right to expect scenery and culture and good skiing, but it is the people who will leave the most lasting impression.
The steaks and Malbec will also prove memorable.
Hopefully, we can return this August.

pliny the elder

Thanks a lot @pliny the elder ! I'm very glad to count on you as my friend too! I'm really looking forward to ski with you next summer (winter here)... I will make reservations in the best place here to have steaks and Argentinian malbec! And I'll cook some lamb over the fire for you guys too! just let me know when you are coming...

Take care!

Fede

TS
esteban525

esteban525

Instructor

Please deepen post allot and help us deepen the knowledge pool!

Please feel free to take a look at the Blog section of the website... I'm posting articles often there... https://fedewenzelski.com/blog/

All the best!

Fede

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can’t recommend Patagonia highly enough. My wife and I in our pre-kids life, went in ‘99 all the way to Tierra del Fuego . Not easy to get all the way down there ( and I’m not a fan of the Santiago airport) but worth it - great people, great food, incredible scenery. Welcome @esteban525 !

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Hey Fede,

Thanks for posting here. I lived in Santiago, Chile for 3 years and made frequent trips to Patagonia both on the Chilean and Argentine side in addition to driving all over Chile, Argentina and Brazil in my car. I spent a few weeks in Bariloche and have always felt like that would be a great place to move someday. With the way the US is quickly changing for the worse, our goal is to move out of the country within 5 years and we have been researching Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, Costa Rica and New Zealand (have spent months in all of these except NZ which is a lot more expensive). My family's love of skiing has us very interested in the Cono Sur since the cost of living is reasonable and my wife and I are both fluent in Spanish. My son and I are very much into white water kayaking as well and there are many great rivers around Pucon, Chile but it's far from good skiing. How are the rivers around Bariloche? El Rio Manso looks good but didn't know if there are other ones close by.

I'm not familiar with Cerro Perito Moreno but have driven to the top of Cerro Catedral to go hang gliding. We also hiked up to some of the back country huts and I bet that would make for some good ski touring during the winter. My understanding is that the borders are still closed to tourists as we had hoped to make a trip down there this Summer (your WInter). Hopefully next year.

If we wanted to check out some real estate, what are some of the best towns around there that are close to skiing, kayaking, MTBing and climbing? Thanks! Dane

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid