• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Instructor recommendations at Kirkwood, Northstar, or Heavenly?

NoScoped

Booting up
Skier
Anyone have any recommendations for an instructor at Kirkwood, Northstar, or Heavenly?

Would like to think I'm a competent (intermediate?) skiier but would really like to improve my form on anything that isn't perfectly groomed. Have been skiing fairly infrequently (1-3 days/season) for the past 10+ years. Been skiing more frequently the past few seasons (10+ days/season) now that I'm closer to Tahoe.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Consider the Progression Sessions at Kirkwood. It says advanced/expert but is fine for strong intermediates too. You should be comfortable skiing off chair 6 (Cornice). Usually it's the same 2-3 instructors, or it was when I did them, so it's a fairly cost effective way to get consistent feedback if you do a few sessions over a season.

Last edited:

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
KW Progression Sessions are rad.
There are any number of rad instructors at all three resorts.
A good way to save some coin is to sign up for an adult Ultimate4 lesson at any Vail resort. If you're a level 6 or higher, you'll likely end up the only one in the lesson.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Save your time and money and go to one of the Ski camps. It may sound to much at first look but when you count how much you will ski and learn it is worth every penny.
Mt Hood dot com is one my favors and not to far form where you are.

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
I don't remember his last name, but I skied with a Kirkwood long time level 3 instructor named Tony at a psia event last winter.
Good guy, seasoned, could be a good fit. Call the school and ask about Tony who is a 20yr level 3 and does concrete in the summer...
cheers!
W

Sponsor