• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Invisible selfie stick

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
Some great examples of this by Miles Clark has been seen at Snowbrains.

Could it be the ultimate ski selfie tool? Well... I suppose automatically controlled drones will be perfected.

TS
patmoore

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
The software erases it?
max.jpg

The two lenses actually cover more than 180 degrees. The stitching software masks where they overlap.

TS
patmoore

patmoore

Skier
In thjis video I'm using a telescoping carbon fibre pole that's about five feet long. You don't want to use it on a crowded slope. In this case, it's true 360. The video is a little grainy but you should be able to change the view by clicking and dragging.

TS
patmoore

patmoore

Skier
While at Snowmass for the NASTAR Nationals I was one of the lucky skiers picked to go up the Gondola an hour before opening and ski with Bode Miller. I mounted the 360 camera on my helmet and chased him down. Open full screen in Youtube and you'll be able to click and drag to see forward, aft, and even down at my skis. If you're viewing on a smartphone, be sure to open the Youtube app.

TS
patmoore

patmoore

Skier
One more example. For my last run at the NASTAR Nationals in the 75-79 age group I held a selfie stick behind me in my right hand. I was so focused on the video that I skidded a lot but I've outlived most of my competition anyway. The camera and stick are invisible but you'll be able to see their shadow clearly in the snow.

Sponsor

Staff online