• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is hart on life support?

James

Out There
Instructor
I went to hart's website recently. Same sale as last season, same things available.
But their new skis are by order only. And it looks like it's just their mogul skis.
Quote:
-------
Important Ordering Information:

This year we will be offering the world's best mogul skis by pre-order only. Order By Date and Delivery Dates for the skis depend on the ski ordered (see charts below for more information).

Pre-payment for pre-orders will be required.

Pro-form pricing available.
------------------
http://www.hartskis.com/mogul2.html

Ever see Water World with Kevin Costner? In that post apocalyptic world, they are rowing, on the high seas, the Exxon Valdez oil tanker. (There's a reason the movie was a flop)
In the last ten? years hart has seemed like that. Not quite the Valdez, not so many rowers, and no rudder.

Shame. Some of their skis are superb and made in Italy laminates.

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
Hart is still around? I had no idea.

They're toast. The mogul specific segment has been completely taken over by ID One, so if Hart is banking on just that market share, it's over.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Guys....
Believe it or not hart is not the same as Hart. Hart is a Japanese company. hart is American. Sometime in the distant past, 70's perhaps, the Hart name was sold. I suppose this was perceived by the perpetrators as a brilliant move to split the baby, keep both halves, and sell the clothes.
I'm sure it's complicated, as everything about hart is. The current? Company, well like the last dozen years or so, is perhaps the example of this year's pugski word, " anticipointment". Years ago, on epic, we got into it with one of the people from the company. She was told by multiple people that, basically, no one except nut jobs on a ski ste knew hart existed, and that even thoose who knew and might want to try them could not find them at an actual store. The response was deny, deny, deny.

So, here we are. Nothing's changed except even fewer know they're alive and more think they're dead.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski with a Hart on!

Ever see Water World with Kevin Costner? In that post apocalyptic world, they are rowing, on the high seas, the Exxon Valdez oil tanker. (There's a reason the movie was a flop)

The current Waterworld show at Universal is a fantastic live show. There is still life simmering in these ideas. And still some bump skiers left.

Eric

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Something is odd since this ad has both the lowercase “h” and uppercase “H” logo.
41AD5A8F-109F-498E-9222-08C3698C63BE.png

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m curious to see what happens. I invested a little money with Hart when I was doing some graphics with them about 10 years ago. Then I received a letter in the mail about 2 years ago saying they were basically reorganizing and they sent me a check for 45 cents to pay me off.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
cost is a factor, I love skiing bumps but there's no way I will pay 1k for a pair of skis. Even the year after market puts them in the $500-$600 dollar range. How can they compete with this price range when that's roughly the same new season cost from the competition. And durability wise, I held stories of blown edges on harts... sometimes the best bump runs have exposed rocks or tree trunks.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
http://www.hartskis.com/closeout.html

I think this is the "other" hart. The 'Striker' is the same as the Blossom White Out. (read it here. It must be true) Tried to get in touch with them repeatedly last season, but never got a response.
Not sure what you mean by "other". It's hart.
Yes. Well was. Blossom may have changed it in what, 3-4 yrs?
That Stryker is an excellent ski btw. If 170cm works for you go for it. The picture has no relation to the actual shape.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya hart licensed their name to a Japanese producer and even allowed to make and sell skis with the same model names way back when they almost died late 80s and through the 90s. "h"art got a cash infusion in the mid 00s and made another run at mainstreaming, but again failed. They've been "mostly dead" or "slightly alive" since the early 80s really though..
Dynastar sold some Twisters, K2 sold some Cabrawlers, Moment sold quite a few Moglis, and the above mentioned more recent competitors have all been able to sell more bump skis than hart or Hart. The Pulse, Boss, and a couple others were pretty good skis,, Thinking Blossom pressed them? Anyway, they've been on shaky ground financially since the 70s really..

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like a lot of the bumpers at The Jane have been on ID One skis:
https://www.idoneusa.com/

I don't recall seeing any newer Hart or hart skis there, but I haven't been there as much the last few years.

The Hart Pulse was mentioned favorably on Epic liked a few years back. Anyone still on those?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Hart is on life support. I had been moving a legit number of Blossoms (factory that builds Hart) - then Hart essentially squeezed me out. Johann promised to $$$ for everybody. I was to be paid as a consultant & Blossom / Hart was going to have a clothing line.This was 2014.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hart is on life support. I had been moving a legit number of Blossoms (factory that builds Hart) - then Hart essentially squeezed me out. Johann promised to $$$ for everybody. I was to be paid as a consultant & Blossom / Hart was going to have a clothing line.This was 2014.

Perfect outfit to buy Saddleback. Oh. Wait. They might as well have.

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like a lot of the bumpers at The Jane have been on ID One skis:
https://www.idoneusa.com/

I don't recall seeing any newer Hart or hart skis there, but I haven't been there as much the last few years.

The Hart Pulse was mentioned favorably on Epic liked a few years back. Anyone still on those?

Just finished watching moguls from Deer Valley on TV. Surprised how many skiers were on ID One skis — probably the majority of them.

I really know nothing about that company. Can somebody fill me in?

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Sad, I know....What could have been. What is currently Kastle...could have been Hart.
Yes, it was about the same time frame.

Do we know if there's actually anything going on with the company? Looking for a buyer, etc.

Sponsor

Staff online