• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I noticed some threads from a few years back thanking Ski Essentials for the Pugski discount. Over the last few years I have bought a fair amount of gear from them. There service is amazing and they carry some great gear. Would love to take advantage of a Pugski discount if they still offer one. Does anyone know if they still do and how to claim it?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think the discount depends on the pricing structure of what you're buying.
For instance, if its already on sale at a discount, they may not offer a Pugski discount on top of it.
They also run specials that are pretty incredible.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like calling them, they have been fantastic at hooking me up with a little bit of a deal on what ever I've been looking for. If it's something brand new like 2020 skis, prolly not, but everything else seems to be fair game based on my purchases.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I just bought my wife’s Stockli’s from them and now I want mine :yeah:

So hopefully they can help me out

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They are great. Just call or PM them. I just bought a pair of new Enforcer 88s with bindings. Even though they are this year's model, they gave me a little extra "love" beyond what was already a very reasonable price. Could have been related to buying in September, but I think it was more that I identified myself as a pugski supporter.

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
They’ve got 10% off site wide right now. Not sure what extra people are seeing via PM but that seems decent on new gear.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love Ski Essentials! I just bought a pair of 2019 Salomon QST 99s with Tyrolia Attack2 bindings for a total of $450.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
At moment they have 10% automatic discount at check out .
Other good thing is , you earn points every time you buy something, so next time you get cash back coupon.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
My wife's Stockli Stormrider 85s just arrived and am super impressed with how they were packaged. The entire ski was wrapped in bubble wrap with special pads around the bindings and tape on the outside holding everything together. Super easy to unwrap and not so much as even a scuff on the skis. @SkiEssentials very impressed with the customer service, packaging and of course the skis ..Thank You!

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've had great buying experiences with Ski Essentials when I shop around for skis. They have one of the best inventories of skis nationally - must be their buyers. Well packed stuff, nice people over the phone, top prices, very knowledgeable and patient with an old guy like me.

The price structure I've been quoted (as recently as today) is, at least, that there is ordinarily a 10% discount to Pugskiers but it's not usually on top of another discount, particularly for this season's skis new (19/20).
So, for example, a new pair of the current Fischer RC One GT 86 might be priced at $899.99. With the 10% sale going on (until Oct. 14, I was told), that would be $90.00 off. (No additional Pugski discount of 10% is available in this case, until after the current sale ends, at which point the Pugski 10% discount would come into play once more.) Ground shipping free.

On top of that, there are "loyalty points," which convert a 5% credit from a sale into points towards your next purchase(s), redeemable in increments of 300 points only. Thus, a previous purchase of $700.00 would have given you 700 loyalty points, $35.00 total, redeemable in increments of 300, or in this case a $30.00 (600 points) further discount applied to those above Fischer RC One GT 86 skis. (The remaining 100 unused points [$5.00 value] would be added to future loyalty points until the 300 point [$15.00 credit] threshold was reached again, at which point it would be available for a further purchase discount.) Kinda complicated, but, hey, it is what it is.

If you've bought from Ski Essentials before and have not used those points, chances are they are still on record, and could be used anytime.

Last edited:

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
ski essentials for the win

the new shop up there is nice

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've had great buying experiences with Ski Essentials when I shop around for skis. They have one of the best inventories of skis nationally - must be their buyers. Well packed stuff, nice people over the phone, top prices, very knowledgeable and patient with an old guy like me.

The price structure I've been quoted (as recently as today) is, at least, that there is ordinarily a 10% discount to Pugskiers but it's not usually on top of another discount, particularly for this season's skis new (19/20).
So, for example, a new pair of the current Fischer RC One GT 86 might be priced at $899.99. With the 10% sale going on (until Oct. 14, I was told), that would be $90.00 off. (No additional Pugski discount of 10% is available in this case, until after the current sale ends, at which point the Pugski 10% discount would come into play once more.) Ground shipping free.

On top of that, there are "loyalty points," which convert a 5% credit from a sale into points towards your next purchase(s), redeemable in increments of 300 points only. Thus, a previous purchase of $700.00 would have given you 700 loyalty points, $35.00 total, redeemable in increments of 300, or in this case a $30.00 (600 points) further discount applied to those above Fischer RC One GT 86 skis. (The remaining 100 unused points [$5.00 value] would be added to future loyalty points until the 300 point [$15.00 credit] threshold was reached again, at which point it would be available for a further purchase discount.) Kinda complicated, but, hey, it is what it is.

If you've bought from Ski Essentials before and have not used those points, chances are they are still on record, and could be used anytime.
You can also combine a discount with a loyalty-reward voucher, as I did recently.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually, I said that.
Sorry, didn’t mean to imply you hadn’t. I just wanted to clarify that it’s possible to combine the two because many places don’t let buyers combine discounts/vouchers. I’d assumed I couldn’t until I called to check. I guess also asking for a Pugski discount would have been pushing it ogwink

Sponsor