• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Issue With Tyrolia Attack 16 Bindings

lpbskinner

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Got a pair of skis from a buddy, and one of the heel pieces is off of the rail. When I try to slide it back on, the extrusions on the bottom of the tab hit the rail and it can't slide on. Are these toast? Or do I just have to bring it into a shop?

Attachments

• tyrolia1.jpg
    tyrolia1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 38
  • tyrolia2.jpg
    tyrolia2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 38

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
That tab at the back is down in the locked down position, so the silver tab has to be pushed up with a flat screwdriver and you will hear it click and stay up. Then slide the heel forward on the track until the open heel hits the back of the ski boot heel. Then snap that tab back down with the screwdriver and you should hear it click into one of the grooves.

Step into the binding and see if the edge of the heel lines up with the scribed area of the tab.

TS
lpbskinner

lpbskinner

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
That tab at the back is down in the locked down position, so the silver tab has to be pushed up with a flat screwdriver and you will hear it click and stay up. Then slide the heel forward on the track until the open heel hits the back of the ski boot heel. Then snap that tab back down with the screwdriver and you should hear it click into one of the grooves.

Step into the binding and see if the edge of the heel lines up with the scribed area of the tab.
Thank you so much, just did it. I didn't know it snapped up, and I was worried about breaking it.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
You’re welcome! So when the boot is stepped in on both skis, you are in that scribed area now with the edge of the binding beside the tab?

FD529272-CBFA-421E-BE98-9976F302FCAD.jpeg

Sponsor