• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It ain't gonna drink itself!

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clase Azul is an outstanding tequila. Its wasted in a margarita, but that hasn't stopped me from drinking it that way also.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sometimes I wonder if they put lesser quality in the fancy containers just to distract from the quality and still justify the higher price.
Perhaps, but I've had that particular Tequila before and its quite good. Actuallly exceptionally good.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ever have Clase Azul tequila? Guests staying the weekend brought a couple of bottles. Age, altitude and indiscretion…we all feel like s..t today.

@Tricia is spot on. It was good in fact too good.
going the opposite direction, I recall when in college and better quality was not to be affordable. Had visitors from NZ, both rugby players who complained about the "piss beer" we were drinking out at the bars, but it was cheap and by the pitcher - lots and lots. Next day they both agreed one can get just as drunk.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
going the opposite direction, I recall when in college and better quality was not to be affordable. Had visitors from NZ, both rugby players who complained about the "piss beer" we were drinking out at the bars, but it was cheap and by the pitcher - lots and lots. Next day they both agreed one can get just as drunk.
Yeah but there is a difference between college and the stage of life I'm at.
I don't necessarily want to get drunk, but I want to enjoy my beverage.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It could be me but I remember all the beer in college tasting like er piss. Probably because they were frat keggers with the cheapest possible draught beer.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I certainly do not miss the quality nor the quantity of what was consumed years ago.
Since I never drank until I was 40 I can't say that.
Or maybe I could say that. I would probably be in better health if I didn't drink, however, when I didn't drink, I ate a lot more ice cream....
Hmmmm booze or ice cream.... :snowball:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since I never drank until I was 40 I can't say that.
Or maybe I could say that. I would probably be in better health if I didn't drink, however, when I didn't drink, I ate a lot more ice cream....
Hmmmm booze or ice cream.... :snowball:
I have cut way back on drinking but my ice cream consumption has increased. Trust me it has been an improvement.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I thought we had a brandy/cognac thread but I didn't find it so I will put this photo here. It is a gift I received because my brother in law knows I will sip a brandy on special occasions.
PXL_20220101_041954549.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The interplay between science and art is a constant tension in winemaking. The top universities of course focus on the science. Absolutely critical to master, imho. But winemakers often depend too much on analysis and not enough on their palate. There are plenty of winemakers who, for example, just haven't tasted through the world of wine. Don't understand regional difference and stylistic choices. There are those who have. And there are those who really get the choices but don't have a command of the science. But it really is something that demands you master both and learn to let them talk to each other. IMHO, the most critical matter in modern winemaking.

I am told Tuaca sells great in mountain towns - not so well everywhere else.
Cocktail of choice in our house.
Spouse likes it, inexpensive too at Sams club.

Seems to go well with cold weather

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a Kiwi myself, I must officially disown them.......;);)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sometimes it's better to admit defeat and just pour yourself a cocktail. (See my post in the wine thread about a misguided purchase I have hereby abandoned without remorse.)

Starting a long weekend and, well, not postponing the sloth and debauchery even though by rights I should be prepping for some stuff happening tomorrow. I am eating a frozen burrito, with salsa from a jar. To be clear, the burrito is no longer frozen. You see what kind of night it is?

This is one of my go-to drinks. It's no more than a tequila and tonic with a several large dashes of Fee Brothers bitters. The restaurant that first served it to me called it a Tumbleweed, which I think is a good name for it. Unfortunately I think there was already a different drink with that name. (They should have Googled. Now they are closed. So sad.) I am now calling it the Cormac McCarthy because, you know, Mexico is where all the bad stuff happens.

PXL_20220701_004653365.MP-01.jpeg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My personal go-to for a Cuba Libre is Havana Club 7 Year Old and Pepsi, with a couple lemon sections squeezed in.

I recently read of the "Smoky Cokey"
It called for Lagavulin 16 Scotch and Coke. I am not a fan of Islay Scotch, but somehow have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 at home ( gift ? ) . Last night I made couple Smoky Cokey's for myself and a friend. It was one and done, we were not a fan.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Starting a long weekend and, well, not postponing the sloth and debauchery ...
I am eating a frozen burrito, with salsa from a jar.

Oh, duuuuude. If you think debauchery is eating a frozen burrito ... :eek: ... you need to get out more.

Sponsor

Staff online