• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It's a core strength workout - video on why to ski rather than snowboard

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This guy has never heard of ski touring boots I assume…
Snowboarders may pretend much as they want they are cool but they are fooling no one.We know snowboards are Satan’s creation and the worshippers of this cult must be chased, caught and chained to trees. Naked.
That’ll teach them

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
If God wanted you to slide on one board he would have given you one leg.

dm

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
If God wanted you to slide on one board he would have given you one leg.

dm

Couple of seasons back doing a shadow day with one of my kids who is a patroller. Toward end of day we're in the top hut as the patrol group is about to delegate shutdown tasks. Outside it's snowing pretty wet n heavy so inside is not a bad place to be and there's a few comments about the uncomfortable weather. Door opens and another patroller comes in with a snowboarder. It's clear the snowboarder has only one arm and the patroller with him says the guy just needs to adjust something out of the wet. Snowboarder sits down and unzips one leg of his ski pants with his his one remaining hand. At which point it becomes apparent that most of the leg is artificial. Wounded warrior. His thigh cup for the artificial leg had come loose on the chair and he needs to reseat it in the dry. There's a few questions from the patrollers about how all this works. The guy is obviously used to questions, says he switches stance leg when as he gets tired, but generally not a big deal. He's in good spirits as it's a day in the snow. Does the reseat, zips up, says thanks, flashes us a big smile and heads out. There's silence for a few moments as no doubt everyone no doubt thinks about snow sports with a missing arm and leg. And then one of the senior patrollers says "Last time I wanna hear any complaints about the weather!".

Sponsor

Staff online