• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It's Wiggle Season!

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
The_Wiggles_lineup_2022.jpg

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't seen a full one yet this year... but this one was starting at Vail... and a couple of us skied it to contribute...

View attachment 233755
Follow up... I went back on Friday, and it was still there. As Vail had gotten over a foot of heavy snow on Tuesday, it was pretty well defined. But the snow was terrible... hard to ski, sending my skis in sometimes seemingly random directions. But I skied it... fell three times, but eventually got down. I felt like I had to ski it, since I started this thread! :P

Looking down it...
Vail_041924 004 ACR Conv Pano.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Pali Valley at Siberia.
20240421_112331.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Y'all need to find one for @James to bring a thrift store pair of RTMs to.
I did the one at Jackson, though it’s semi-permanent so I don’t know what you call it. I did one at Abasin below West cornice I think. That’s the one that convinced me they’re just stupid and for borders who can Ollie stuff.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow! That's looooooooong.... how much further does it go out of the pic?
The bottom is maybe 100' vertical below frame. My kids wanted to ski it, but we did the women's dh instead. Found some other wiggles that we did ski. @Sheena Has the photos.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
4/22/2024 Solitude, UT, near Sunshine Bowl on the front face of the mtn, maybe 300-400 vertical feet.
1713826988341.jpeg

Close-up of the skilled wiggler in this instance.
20240422_115017.jpg

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
The Kirkwood Wiggle is long & steep! I’ve run a few here & there since they started showing up 8 or so years ago. I don’t want anything to do with this one.
Actually Wiggles have been around a long time. We used to run race course ruts in the Spring after we pulled the courses in the 80’s.
And of course most moguls are just haphazard wiggles.