• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James Nieheus, the creator of ski maps for more than 200 mountains

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

RikkiBobbi

Booting up
Skier
I signed up right after the Kickstarter opened up. I'm getting the book with my name in it and a print

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bumping this post, as I am surprised this thread isn't getting more traction.

Perhaps title needs some enahncement. Mods can you change it to or something similar??

"James Niehues Coffee Table Book available for purchase"

I just went to the site and ordered a book.
The kickstarter is funded, however, you can still get in on the initial book run.

https://jamesniehues.com/pages/the-man-behind-the-map?utm_source=kickredirect

$75, $125 if you want it signed.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
There's a time I would have snatched that up, but at my age I've realized that coffee table books are just dust catchers. You buy them, page through them, and that's it. I've got a ton of $50-60 books already taking up space. Last thing I need is a $75 book next to them. And I'm running out of wall space, there's pictures sitting around with no walls to put them on. (The downside of open plan living is no walls.). Plus the art prints listed don't include "my" mountain.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I never did order. I'm not good at buying things. But I think my brother might like one for his birthday, so maybe.:huh:

James

Out There
Instructor
Coming in August.
Without the trail names it's a book of the paintings behind the maps.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I would buy one if it had trail names on the maps. Make it useful. The way it is now it's probably going to start looking all the same after being 1/3 through the book.

Aren't you supposed to fill those out after skiing the runs? ogsmile

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm with Nemesis. If the art had the trail names I would have bought one. I'm undecided now. I imagine looking at it with my son and thinking, 'what trail is that? Let's go online and check.'.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is there a reason to omit the trail names other than to showcase the art itself?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil and I received our coffee table book in the mail a few days ago. I haven't looked through all of it, but I've been thumbing through it randomly.
What an incredible book!
Thanks @Meep for the generous gift.
The added regional maps and editorial comments by people in the industry are really cool.
IMG_1337.jpg

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Mine arrived a about 10 days ago. I put it away because if was s gift for my son, whose 18th birthday was yesterday. It looks beautiful but I have not had a chance to really look at it as he has been looking at it.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January