• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

June 22nd... one of the best days of the year

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Winter is definitely just around the corner. Going down into the 50's tonight in NYC.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:useless:

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Here's what I did with it.
IMG_20210621_193222829.jpg

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's the norm around here in the summer; 90s or 100s during day, to 50s at night. Summer has barely started!

Here in NYC, it is hot in the day time. The nights are about 10° cooler. Not really much of a differential. The asphalt and concrete retains lots of heat. Tough without AC.
We usually hang out in VT lots during the summer months.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s an unusually hot and dry summer in the Pacific Northwest, and much earlier. Hi near 100 and lows around 70, which is often the high temperature until after July 4th.

Tomorrow in Seattle the forecast is for 109F :geek: Never seen that before, just having more than a couple days in a row over 90 is record-breaking.

We’re doing a lot more plant watering than usual for June.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you sure you are not in AZ.
That's more like Death Valley temps.
Stay cool and be well.
I'm pretty sure I'm not in AZ. Let me check......latitude 48º9'58" N.... nope not AZ.

Being in a rural microclimate, the forecast for tomorrow is for only 102 where I live, with a high of 95 today. Tuesday is supposed to cool down to 81 as a high, though 90 in Seattle.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Today and tomorrow in Portland Oregon: Record highs near 110F. I'm at the beach where it is supposed to be over 90F. Unheard of high temps.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My condo balcony in Victoria is 36*C which is around 95*F. Inside it is 30*C. Tomorrow is supposed to be 39*C =102*F. This will likely be a record, not for just June but all time.

Like most people in Victoria, I do not have air conditioning but I do have fans and a 12volt swamp cooler that can lower the temp of air coming out of it by about 5 degrees but it will not cool a room, just whoever is in front of the fan.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Being in a rural microclimate, the forecast for tomorrow is for only 102 where I live, with a high of 95 today. Tuesday is supposed to cool down to 81 as a high, though 90 in Seattle.

That is a odd coincidence. We are also in a super-micro-climate here. Albeit a urban one. The super-micro-climate of my living room is reading 74°F with the AC on. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online