• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Justify Your Quiver To the Internet

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Justify Your Quiver To the Internet

I have space for "current" inside the house and it's not ending up in the dumpster. Full disclosure, "retired" status is outside on the fence by the deck.
1606061485360.png

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wife's quiver because it is more justifiable than mine:

Liberty V80 - hardpack/ice
Nordica Santa Ana 93 - Daily Driver (2"-6")
Blizzard Sheeva 10 - (7" - 12" )
Black Crows Atris iBrdie - 13"+

Last edited:

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Z-90's
Liberty V76W
Liberty Genesis 106
Atomic Cloud 11
Black Pearl 88
I Want: Nordica Santa Ana 104
Salomon Max Race Sons of A Blast
Still have many older skis I don't use, but just can't send em too the dump.

PS:

1606084740963.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Still have many older skis I don't use, but just can't send em too the dump.
+1.. Give them away to someone who wants them for free.. Donate to a charity thrift if they are still skiable and bindings aren't 20 years old.. last resort they go on the fence out back to look at while grilling steaks. Haven't thrown skis in the trash in over 20 years..

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
+1.. Give them away to someone who wants them for free.. Donate to a charity thrift if they are still skiable and bindings aren't 20 years old.. last resort they go on the fence out back to look at while grilling steaks. Haven't thrown skis in the trash in over 20 years..

Yes, I have given a few pair of "safe" skis away but I tend to ski my favs til they're noodles and all used up. Some do become part of fencing/walls- except for my "all time favs" Rossi- Peaks-they are still inside under a bed, lol

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
Update on mine. I have a fair amount of churn

In bounds-

Elan Wingman 86 CTI 185cm - Fast skis are fast
Rossignol Black Ops 98 182cm - My mess around ski, still likes to go fast
Nordica Enforcer 104 Free 191cm - Probably my favorite everyday ski. Does everything really well
Salomon QST 106 188cm - This is an every day ski I really prefer to ski in softer snow
Blizzard Rustler 11 188cm - This is a charger when I just wanna ski fast in pow. Can really lay it over on groomers.
Praxis Protest custom birch veneer with carbon 192cm- POW. Do I need to say more?

Touring -

G3 Findr 86 182cm - long approach objective skis for spring or low tied
Atomic Backland 107 189cm - All other touring

OverMySkis

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Atomic Vantage X 80 CTI 180cm (2019): Fun for hard pack days
Blizzard Bonafied 187cm (2020): Daily Driver, they are so much fun ripping down a steep groomer
Black Crows Corvus 193cm (2019): I like to think I can ski these, but in reality I got them on a huge discount and thought, why not!
Blizzard Rustler 11 188cm (2020): Hope I can use these more!

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
In Bounds:
184 Volkl Mantra 102 - Daily Driver for harder snow or higher speeds
184 Moment Deathwish - Daily Driver for softer snow or tigher spaces
184 ON3P BillyGoat for Powder and Chop

Touring
184 Moment Deathwish Tour with Marker Alpinists - a Daily Driver
186 Moment Chipotle Banana - for really deep/lower angle or sidecountry - also with Alpinists

Inbounds when I am skiing more rocks than snow:
182 Salomon Shogun (2011)

What's next?
I sold my "skinnier" touring skis...so I hope to pick up something for the spring. I don't love super light weight touring skis... the Volkl Blaze 94 or Head Kore 93 look interesting.
Orb feebird or Mantra V-Werks if I have the cash.

For inbounds, the deathwish has the most miles.
I have a pair of salomon shifts without a home, so if I replace the deathwishes, I might convert them into a sidecountry ski.
As for the replacement, a 190 deathwish? Or are 3 deathwishes too many?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
3M 8210 N95s for definite high exposure terrain
Accuned KN95s for moderate exposure terrain.
Blue Arrow KN95s for general cruising inbounds, gondolas and trams.
Standard disposable surgical for protocol, short runs, and friends to borrow.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Inbounds
180 Hinterland Fennec. For putzing around days, days with family/slower skis. Fun to jib, ski bumps and trees.
187 Atomic Alibi. Rock skis. Skis for stomping terrain early season.
188 Black Crows Corvus. New as of today, but probably the new daily assuming I don't want to ski slow.
184 Moment Deathwish. Anytime it's relatively soft, up to about 6" of powder.
184 Moment Bibby. Oldie but no reason to let it go. Great in "resort powder".
188 Praxis Protest. For the truly deep days or really weird crusts in high alpine/pow days.

Touring
182 Praxis Yeti w/ Speed Rads. Still my daily grab. Beat to hell but I don't really care. Just simple and fun.
182 Down Countdown 104L w/ Vipec. Travel "don't know what I'm skiing ski". Finally got them base ground which will fix the tail release issues (tails were railed) I hope.
186 PMGear Lhasa Pow w/ Speed Rads. Hippy pow turns. Love the pintail in trees.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
165cm Rossi SL - to make SL turns
165cm Dynstar SL - 5 dollars at the local thrift store with an edgewise grind
177cm Head -Ititan - like a SL ski but with some all mountain flair
177cm Head IM83 - best narrow GS turner with out being a GS ski
180cm Blizzard Brahma - dont actually like them anymore, if is hard pack I reach for my monster 83 if its softer I reach for my E93
181cm Blizzard WRCx2 - great master GS ski for hard snow ripping
185cm Nordica E93 - best narrow freeride ski I have found
185cm Nordica E100 - great powder day ski when you are skiing untracked into tracks
185cm Nordica Patron - meh I like them but I tend to use other skis these day, the softness and twin are fun on moderate density powder day but i tend to ski my E100 unless I can not.
185cm Völkl 98 - I have them, havent mounted them
186cm Nordica El Capox2 - when the snow gets funky but not super deep these rock
186cm 4frt Renegade - when the snow is deep and funky
186cm Rossi Sickle - Rock powder ski
187cm Blizzard Bonafide - crud a MILLION miles per hour
195cm PM Gear Super Bro - most stable recreational hard pack skis ever made

I always enjoy your posts on skis. Can you tell me what you think the Volkl (* will contribute to your quiver?

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nordica Belle to Belle
Renoun Earhart
Renoun Z-77
Kicker Filibuster
Black Crows Captis Birdie
Stockli Nela 80

Justifiable? Not really. Enjoyable? Yes, so that alone is justification :) Life is too important to be taken seriously. (thank you Oscar Wilde)

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh geez, it’s been awhile since I made a list of my skis.
I’ll provide a list but I won’t justify. ;)

Liberty V76
Stockli Laser AX
ID One FRXP
Renoun Z90
Dynastar Paradise
DPS Wailer 99 Alchemist
Stockli SR100 Motion
DPS Yvette 112 Alchemist

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Some older Head Monsters because I got them at a neighbors moving sale for $10. Haven't tried them yet but should be a decent east coast, firm conditions groomer zoomer ski.

G3 Saintes I use for everything and have frame AT bindings on. 93mm at waist,bit of early rise, 179cm. Bought them to have a light, nimble ski for eastern back and side country. Fine in everything but really deep and light, or really firm and icy. Just a little on the short side for me in powder and I have gone over the bars so to speak a time or 2 when not being careful... not in the east, I have never skied snow here deep and light enough that it has been an issue here. These are getting worn out and I will hang onto them for eastern AT.

My old Solomon 1080 Guns are still hanging out but haven't used in a few years. Super fun for surfyness in pow.105, I think waist and 183 length

Head Kore 105's...really 107 as I measured it at the waist 189cm long. These are brand new old stock. still not mounted. Will be my go to ski for just about everything. I plan to mount regular bindings and just rent AT gear locally for very occasional AT on fly to trips

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have space for "current" inside the house and it's not ending up in the dumpster. Full disclosure, "retired" status is outside on the fence by the deck.
View attachment 115616
Did you create that Excel file specifically for this thread or did you just happen to have an Excel file of your quiver?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Did you create that Excel file specifically for this thread or did you just happen to have an Excel file of your quiver?

I keep excel lists of my gear and general household inventory. Helps for insurance coverage calculations.. Adding a few additional attributes makes it fun to play around with.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep excel lists of my gear and general household inventory. Helps for insurance coverage calculations.. Adding a few additional attributes makes it fun to play around with.
I’m an Excel nerd so I can understand doing this. :)