• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
All of these seem to hover around my emerging sweet spot. I thought playful, yet “railable” was what I was after, but now I think I want a playful carver that can push some snow when needed (read: east coast). I might go a bit shorter to slow things down. Right now, my favorite in my quiver is the‘18/‘19 Kastle FX85 HP in 173. I do find that I’d like a few cm more on the groomers, but I don’t think I’d want the 181. FYI, I have MX74 in 172 waiting for bindings. I expect those will be very fun but mostly for hardpack days. Something else will get the nod for heavy snow days (FX96 HP?). I’m 5’11”, 160lb.

Thoughts/experiences/comparisons with the above? Thanks.

Last edited:
TS
F

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for this. Having been on the AX, I know this isn’t what I’m looking for. I’ve got to get on the AR, but that DPS also has got me quite intrigued.

Any input on the Kastle DX is much appreciated.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for this. Having been on the AX, I know this isn’t what I’m looking for. I’ve got to get on the AR, but that DPS also has got me quite intrigued.

Any input on the Kastle DX is much appreciated.
Kastle DX (Formerly the LX85)

TS
F

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
I’ve heard some reports of the Trainer being unstable at speed. Is your recommendation for the 174 pointing at that issue, @Philpug? And I gather it’s still plenty playful at the longer length?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’ve heard some reports of the Trainer being unstable at speed. Is your recommendation for the 174 pointing at that issue, @Philpug? And I gather it’s still plenty playful at the longer length?
Yes, the 174 for sure. As far as speed limit, that is relative. Will they have a top end of a SuperG ski or the limitations on a intermediate recreational ski? No, none of these will but I think all will be confident enough with the expectations put on them.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've not noticed any abnormal stability issues with my 167s and my only real issue has been a lack of damping on rough, hard snow but given the design, particularly the lack of metal in the ski its not really a surprise. I bought the 167s when they were first released and I've found that I ski them most days but I'd love to try the 174s some day.