• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
This may not be a typical race, but I'm doing the K2 bumps challenge in a few weeks, doing as many laps as I can on Al's Run at Taos in three hours. I get a bonus of one lap for wearing a costume, and two laps if I win best costume.

I'm racking my brain but not having much luck yet, the key obstacle is the helmet. I'm not ditching it. What costumes can I wear that will work with a helmet and allow me to ski a steepish bump run 13 times or more in three hours?

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Toadstool?

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 7.56.41 PM.png

James

Out There
Instructor
Wear a white speed suit, blue and silver helmet quadrants, (red bull), a fake pony tail, (or real), mirror goggle lens, and use bent downhill poles with the top pink. Go as Lindsey Vonn. Every time you lap the bottom, scream and raise your arms.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wear a white speed suit, blue and silver helmet quadrants, (red bull), a fake pony tail, (or real), mirror goggle lens, and use bent downhill poles with the top pink. Go as Lindsey Vonn. Every time you lap the bottom, scream and raise your arms.

This also works if you DNF.

James

Out There
Instructor
This also works if you DNF.
Yes! You could also get some broken red gates and a red panel and attach them somehow to your costume. Skiing bumps would give you a lot of show.

How many laps of Al's run are we talking here?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A football player in full gear!

How many people are racing down Al's run? Can I say Chinese downhill anymore?

At least the Enduro at A-basin has the good sense to spread everyone over a bunch of runs (for 10 hours!?!?). Have fun!

Last edited:
TS
Brock Tice

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just ordered the stuff for saucer boy. IDK about the snowblades though... thanks for the ideas! I will make sure to thoroughly pole-whack the top and tell everyone I'm the best skier on the mountain every lap.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When we used to bike mechanic for the pan mass challenge at the end of the race all the drag queens from ptown would join the last few miles. Some hilarious getups.

Sponsor

Staff online