• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 equivalents of Full Tilt models

sluczkow

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Since K2 has announced that they're discontinuing the Full Tilt brand, does anybody know what the names of the K2 equivalents to the different full tilt models are? Like what would be the current equivalent of the drop kick pro, etc.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Since K2 has announced that they're discontinuing the Full Tilt brand, does anybody know what the names of the K2 equivalents to the different full tilt models are? Like what would be the current equivalent of the drop kick pro, etc.

The Revolver series are the boots that are the equivalent to the narrow shell that Full Tilt had.

K2 Revolver - 90 flex
K2 Revolver Pro - 100 flex
K2 Revolver team - 120 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Revolver TW - 100 flex with gripwalk soles

K2 Revolver W - 90 flex
K2 Revolver Pro W - 100 flex
K2 Revolver Team W - 110 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Revolver TBL - 100 flex with gripwalk soles

Last edited:

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Method series are the boots that are equivalent to the wider shell that Full Tilt had.

K2 Method - 90 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Method Pro - 100 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Method B&E - 90 flex with gripwalk soles

K2 Method W - 70 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Method Pro W - 90 flex with gripwalk soles

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Diverge series is the equivalent to the hiking/touring models that use the wider shell that Full Tilt had.

K2 Diverge LT - 120 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Diverge SC - 120 flex with gripwalk soles

K2 Diverge W - 90 flex with gripwalk soles
K2 Diverge LT W - 110 flex with gripwalk soles

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally here is a link that was posted by another site that shows all the models information and color

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Gotta say, love that these carry on - a true boot to last the generations. While I’m currently in the Lupo, I could see a revolver in my future deep on how things shake out.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
While happy that K2 planned to keep these boots alive, I was discouraged that they would be folded into the K2 brand. My concern was mostly about the boots getting the marketing and community support they deserve...and need. The truth is that Full Tilts sold amazingly well, especially when you consider that their flagship boot was essentially a 40 year old design. But they did this with great product, branding and aggressive marketing. I got emails all the time. Saw their stickers on chairlifts and cargo boxes all over the place. Their web site was fun and informative on the history and design of the boots. Parts were available for modifications and repairs.

But now, there are essentially 3 models of Full Tilt Boots folded into the K2 lineup which already includes 5 or 6 models. So there's now no support specific to the 3-piece design. This is a shame. The boots are different and that difference spooks some new customers and sales people. When a customer seems confused by the buckle system, you need a sales person to tell them that within 5 days they will get in an out of their boots in half the time of a traditionally designed pair. But who's going to be the evangelist for these boots now? Are the shops even going to bother carrying them? How many K2 models would they want to stock? Would they really stock 8 or 9 K2 boot designs, plus all the flex variations?

Earlier I said I got eemails all the time from Full Tilt. Usually a couple each week. It kept the brand fresh in my mind and made me aware of new models, etc. I got emails up until the very end of the brand when they were pushing the last of their final special editiion boots out the door. Do you know how many emails I've received since K2 absorbed the brand? Zero. Not one. How can that be? They have the list. Thousands of existing customers with some interest in, if not loyalty to, these boots. You would think that if anyone at K2 actually cared about the ongoing success of these boots, they would have at least sent around an email explaining the transition, introducing the new model names and letting customers know where they can get a pair. But no. It's been radio silence from K2.

K2's plan would have made sense if this was a full replacement for their lineup of boots. But it's not. It's folded into their existing lineup and I'm afraid it's going to get lost in the shuffle.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug @Winks had a question from a friend…

He currently has Full Tilt boots…..missing a buckle/strap.

Will K2 continue to provide parts to current Full Tilt loyalists/customers? A shop that carried(s) Full Tilt/K2….we can assume they will be able to help these customers with issues with past Full Tilt boots?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Will K2 continue to provide parts to current Full Tilt loyalists/customers? A shop that carried(s) Full Tilt/K2….we can assume they will be able to help these customers with issues with past Full Tilt boots?
Of course they will.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
@Philpug any insight into the logic of discontinuing the full tilt brand to K2? Seems like Full Tilt boots cater to a niche following. I scratch my head as to why they would abandon the Full Tilt brand for K2 branding. Especially since K2 isn't exactly a powerhouse boot brand anyway and the boots have a unique design versus other offerings.

O

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug any insight into the logic of discontinuing the full tilt brand to K2? Seems like Full Tilt boots cater to a niche following. I scratch my head as to why they would abandon the Full Tilt brand for K2 branding. Especially since K2 isn't exactly a powerhouse boot brand anyway and the boots have a unique design versus other offerings.

O
You and me both. Don't get me wrong, the new K2 boots are fantastic but the Full Tilt name had an incredible following If I was running the show, and wanted to bring them under the K2 umbrella, I would have kept Full Tilt for at least a year, then Fill Tilt by K2 then K2 if it made at that point. Yes, these boots have a huge following but we are now on the 4th name for them, Raichle>Kneissl>Full Tilt>K2. Cats have 9 lives, how many does this boot have. This coming from somone who was in the boot for over 2 decades and in known in some circles as "Flexon Phil".

JPL

JPL
Skier
I have used Raichles and Full Tilts for a long time and was concerned about K2 branding them, until I talked to a few people at K2. Very helpful, both in describing the K2[Full Tilts] and saying that I could still get parts for the Tilts. I think we'll be ok with them, hope the Full Tilt employees where brought on board with K2.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I have used Raichles and Full Tilts for a long time and was concerned about K2 branding them, until I talked to a few people at K2. Very helpful, both in describing the K2[Full Tilts] and saying that I could still get parts for the Tilts. I think we'll be ok with them, hope the Full Tilt employees where brought on board with K2.
As far as I know nothing is changing except they are now branding the boots as K2 rather than Full Tilt. I asked the question why are they rebranding to a few other industry folks besides Phil and nobody has a clue why they would do that given the special following Full Tilts have.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
Yes, these boots have a huge following but we are now on the 4th name for them, Raichle>Kneissl>Full Tilt>K2. Cats have 9 lives, how many does this boot have.
I've owned these boots under each of the first 3 names skiing them exclusively for over 30 years. I guess it's time to think about a 4th.
As mentioned above and echoed by others, I'm really concerned about K2 screwing this up. I just can't see them getting retail shops to carry all their existing models plus the ones absorbed from Full Tilt. And if some of the models get less attention, I'm pretty sure it will be the weird ones. These boots need passionate support and I don't know if they're going to get it. HOWEVER, I mentioned above the regular FT emails I've received for years ceased in the Spring. Well, I got one today. Maybe the last. But it promises support from K2 and says the FT line of boots will be known as K2 FL3X. I guess that's something.

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
You and me both. Don't get me wrong, the new K2 boots are fantastic but the Full Tilt name had an incredible following If I was running the show, and wanted to bring them under the K2 umbrella, I would have kept Full Tilt for at least a year, then Fill Tilt by K2 then K2 if it made at that point. Yes, these boots have a huge following but we are now on the 4th name for them, Raichle>Kneissl>Full Tilt>K2. Cats have 9 lives, how many does this boot have. This coming from somone who was in the boot for over 2 decades and in known in some circles as "Flexon Phil".
I remember ( "memba") Flexon Phil ! : D

skiJ

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I would imagine that the bulk of Full Tilt skiers (park, hard core mogul, etc.) will stay with them as K2. Unfortunately, many may not know of the switch and that's not good for K2. I was in the original Flexon crowd. Comfy enough, and slim when so many others were pretty bulky.

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
hey, guys...

How long has the company that owns K2 owned Full Tilt ?

I am hope-ing that this is a streamlining , not a phasing-out --

carry on. skiJ

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
hey, guys...

How long has the company that owns K2 owned Full Tilt ?

I am hope-ing that this is a streamlining , not a phasing-out --

carry on. skiJ

K2 has always owned the Full Tilt brand, so as long as the current owners of K2 which is Kohlberg & Company has been with them the brand has been also owned by them. This was simply a way to merge branding/marketing dollars. I do also believe that if they do well K2 will do some refinements to the boots. I was worried this was a phase out thing as well but from everything I’ve heard that won’t be the case.

Sponsor