• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 equivalents of Full Tilt models

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2 has always owned the Full Tilt brand, so as long as the current owners of K2 which is Kohlberg & Company has been with them the brand has been also owned by them. This was simply a way to merge branding/marketing dollars. I do also believe that if they do well K2 will do some refinements to the boots. I was worried this was a phase out thing as well but from everything I’ve heard that won’t be the case.
I could see this being the first phase/test to see if LINE skis becomes a collection under the K2 umbrella.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I could see this being the first phase/test to see if LINE skis becomes a collection under the K2 umbrella.

I completely agree, I’d love to see the sales numbers on each end to get a better idea. K2 has great park skis and Line is one of the original freestyle/park ski companies, I imagine they could condense the skis on each end and absorb the Line brand as well.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Do you think the cost savings by folding something into a K2 line would be significant versus just keeping it branded as Full Tilt or Line? I am scratching my head on that one. On the other hand I would be the first to agree with the sentiment that there are probably way too many ski brands out there relative to the size of the market.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On the other hand I would be the first to agree with the sentiment that there are probably way too many ski brands out there relative to the size of the market.
I don't think there are too many brands, there has always been a lot of brands, I think there might be too many good brands. There are a lot oa very good skis out there, we couldn't always say that.

Sponsor