• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Mindbender 90C ... similar choices?

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
I've been doing some ski demos this week in Smugglers' Notch, VT. Guys at 2 different shops suggested I try the MIndbender 90C, as they were shop employee favorites. I was skeptical, because it was not at all the kind of ski I thought I was looking for. I decided to give it a try today and was pleasantly surprised. When the options are available, I spend more than half my time in ungroomed, bumps and glades. Today was about 65% on those kinds of trails. The 90C was way more versatile than I might have imagined. It made skiing the bumps and bumped-up glades so much more fun! What surprised me even more was that I was able to carve really well on the groomed runs back to the lifts. No, they weren't as good or stable as a carver/front-side-focused power ski, but they were much better than I expected. So, are there other similar skis I should try if I can find them to demo here? I am not a particularly big guy (169 lbs.), and more finesse/flow skier than power skier. Suggestions?

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
Which version of the 90C did you demo? It gets an updated construction for 2023-2024. The new construction really skis well.

If you are demoing next years skis, try the new 96C as well.

If you liked the 90C that much, why look for a different ski?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shameless Plug: I have a mint 2023 89ti 176 in the Buy & Sell here for cheap.
If you think a stronger build might be of interest, check it out.

TS
MattD

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
Which version of the 90C did you demo? It gets an updated construction for 2023-2024. The new construction really skis well.

If you are demoing next years skis, try the new 96C as well.

If you liked the 90C that much, why look for a different ski?
I was on the 2022-2023 version. They did not have the 2023-2024 available to demo. I enjoyed the ski and it was much better than I had originally anticipated, but it did not "wow" me. Perhaps a little too soft? Very compliant and versatile, but I did not find myself longing for it when I was trying other skis.

TS
MattD

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
Shameless Plug: I have a mint 2023 89ti 176 in the Buy & Sell here for cheap.
If you think a stronger build might be of interest, check it out.
170-ish is more my length. Don't mind the shameless plug at all!

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
@MattD - Can’t say it’s a ski I see much at Smuggs. Definitely a softer ski.

Sponsor

Staff online