• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kayaking Glacier Bay National Park - A Trip Report

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
helicopter tours that land on the ice field, that are supposed to be amazing out of Juneau
I'd suggest taking a helicopter up to Herbert glacier and doing the dog-sledding loop. Pretty amazing little adventure IMO. (You can do the same on Mendenhall glacier, and I don't know how they compare.)

EDIT to add:
Alaska Cruise 052519 801 ACR Conv Pano.jpg

Alaska Cruise 052519 805 DC ACR Conv.jpg

Last edited:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Huge thread bump for @Lauren

My daughter is working as an ecological guide (kayak, hiking, etc.) out of Homer this summer......she leaves right after UVM graduation in May. We will be going out to visit her at the end of July......
Finding your/this thread has us really excited for her and for our trip/ albeit a different location/ but its still AK........lol.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My daughter is working as an ecological guide (kayak, hiking, etc.) out of Homer this summer......she leaves right after UVM graduation in May. We will be going out to visit her at the end of July......
The Kenai Peninsula is amazing!!! My first trip to AK in 2019 was a week on the Kenai and a week in Denali. I’m pretty jealous of your daughter for spending a summer out there!

If you’re looking for things to do, my highlights of the week were hiking to the Harding Ice Field outside of Seward in the Kenai National Park…absolutely mind blowing. Kayak day-trip near Bear Glacier outside of Seward…otherworldly! And a bear viewing trip to Lake Clark NP with Alaska Ultimate Safaris out of Homer…a bit pricey, but if you’re looking for a splurge, it was a once-in-a-lifetime type of experience.

• Love
Reactions: BC.

Sponsor

Staff online