• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kids Skiing

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Ok, so about 4 years ago, I kinda dropped out of the online skiing world. I kina had bigger priorities, namely our kid was born.

4 years on, he's a ripping skier. Best student I've ever had.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cute kid Jeff!

I gotta brag on my granddaughter. She lives in Illinois and only gets to ski about 4 days a year when she visited us the pst 3 seasons. Major breakthrough this year. She skied Gandy Denver and Outhouse at Mary Jane without a fall and loved it. And she won her slalom ski off in the Easter fun race, her 1st time doing anything like that. So much fun to see the ski bug take hold.
20220417_145719.jpg
20220417_145810.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
PowerPlow FTW!!! Love it! Been there 12 years ago. @Old boot was there for my eldest's first solo runs many years ago..

TeleRod and @Jim Kenney and the DC crew took him down Wintergreen Highlands for his first legit black turns, also on an April hero snow day..

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love seeing the little rippers! Let's see more of them.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Very cool Jeff and Jerez.

Here's my boy who is nine skiing earlier this year. I'm not with him here - hill is too steep for me.

I almost posted this for the hoods thread.
I grew up on that mountain - lived in Hillsdale and my mother would drop us kids off in the morning and pick us up frozen in the afternoon, that was day care back in the day.
Did time making snow there too and helped put the roof on the lodge (the older one).
My first real girlfriend was the daughter of Jack Fischer who created the place.
Mom is 95 and still lives there and I go back often.
“Rifle Barrel” was “Catapult” back in the day - though a fraction of the size and now grown over.
Good on your kid - that’s a fun slope. That pic was us kids back then.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been putting together a season re-cap video for my son since he was 4. He's 11 now, and I just wrapped up this year's - some Stratton, Jackson Hole and Big Sky. Now I'm excited to go skiing again!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
1 of the little racers I coached last season. 1st place or flat on your face.
media-1616546478370-Mar_23_2021_8_22_AM.jpg

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been putting together a season re-cap video for my son since he was 4. He's 11 now, and I just wrapped up this year's - some Stratton, Jackson Hole and Big Sky. Now I'm excited to go skiing again!

I want to be your kid when I grow up! Of course that will have to be a next life...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My groms are now college student adults, one still likes to ski, other one just likes snow and mountains but not with boards on her feet.

Waiting for some grand groms now.. :cool:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January