• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Knee Cartilage Replacement MACI holds promise for many.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
This newer procedure (for the USA) is providing proven success for many folks who are in need of replacement cartilage using lab grown cloned cartilage. Not sure where else in the body it can be used but maybe one of you reading this could benefit from the procedure. Having grade 4 Chondro myself, this may be the ticket at some point.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well that sounds interesting. Much better than the thought of a few big hunks of titanium being stuck into my legs. The article sounds like it's intended for specific damage spots like I have in one knee, but I have general wear of the cartilage in both knees, headed to bone on bone. I wonder if this is applicable?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Dr Meinenger is here in Steamboat, give Steamboat Orthopedics a call. 970-879.6663.

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks for sharing. I lost a bunch of my knee cartilage in a soccer injury from college and was told at the time that it would cause me problems as I age. It’s been a slow process and knee pain is a given each time I ski. I was thinking knee replacement would be only remedy so I’ve been doing the rehab I can to try and prolong things. Will research this more…..

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I would do some careful searching and researching about this procedure. make sure the OS that performs it has considerable experience.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Does anybody have any first or second hand experience with this yet?

Been hoping to get through this carnival ride with all original parts and matching serial numbers, but getting new shocks would be okay.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Does anybody have any first or second hand experience with this yet?

Been hoping to get through this carnival ride with all original parts and matching serial numbers, but getting new shocks would be okay.

by "anyone" do you mean skiTalk folks? I doubt it. I have a few cadaver parts in me at this point, thanks to those who donated their parts so I can do the things I like to do.

Sponsor

Staff online