• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Knee PT Device - Hoping That You Never Need It

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
For the next several weeks 60 degrees is my goal for mobility, with the caveat that it is also the limit. The problem is that while laying prone, I have no idea what 60 degrees looks like, and zero ability to determine the angle by myself. To dial in accuracy I creted a simple jig out of a scrap of oak, a $1.50 yard stick, a rubber band and a few dabs of construction adhesive.

While my PT was working with me he measured my knee angle at 60 degrees, and set the horizontal piece of yardstick to that height. It is a great tool for dialing in your goal, and limit. Here's hoping that you never need to use it. If you do, it has proven to be a super effective tool for me.

81529BE3-C854-49FC-AA9D-7F637A3A4F08.jpeg

6F11B860-20B6-43C5-BBD1-0397116580FB.jpeg

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Two questions. What dod you do to your knee? Can you pedal a bike with only 60 degrees?

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Hang in there Marty. At 59 within the past few years both knees have been worked on. L ACL hammie recon, R meniscus tear cleaned up and trimmed. BOTH KNEES 100%.

It will take awhile with PT, nutrition, violent exercise and faith in the work.....you will overcome and dominate!!!!!!

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Two questions. What dod you do to your knee? Can you pedal a bike with only 60 degrees?

Total rupture of my quad tendon. Ripped it off the patella. Had surgery 12/24. Indoor trainer is another 8 weeks out.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Hang in there Marty. At 59 within the past few years both knees have been worked on. L ACL hammie recon, R meniscus tear cleaned up and trimmed. BOTH KNEES 100%.

It will take awhile with PT, nutrition, violent exercise and faith in the work.....you will overcome and dominate!!!!!!

Thanks so much. All good. I'm a few weeks ahead of protocol in my rehab. I have a great PT who was a product of the Army's PT school, and is a certified strength and conditioning coach. A good match. Four PT sessions per day.

If anything, I am bored and doing way too much "therapeutic shopping".

Sponsor

Staff online