• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I purchased one of these bags right at the end of last season, so only got to use it for a few days. I don't want to duplicate the previous reviews, but did want to add a few points...................... My experience with this bag is limited, but so far it is far superior in practicality than any previous bag I have used. It will be my go to ski pack for next season, so I will report back as I get more use.

I have used the Kulkea Micro Pack for several days this season, so here is my promised update.

For me, the bag is turning out to be the perfect size for someone who skis inbounds, but does not want to return to the lodge. It's too small to accommodate out of bounds requirements, but large enough to help out when the stuff you carry won't fit in your pockets anymore. Especially of use is the ability to carry spare lenses/goggles and carry the gloves or layers you need to shed as it heats up. This happens a lot skiing in AZ, so it is nice to have a solution that doesn't involve heading back to the lot or lodge. Many resorts also have a mid mountain lift, like the Snake Creek Express at Brighton, and this pack would enable you to keep lapping the trees without having to return to the base.

A couple of observations; the quick release buckles are too small to be easily released with ski gloves on. The shoulder strap has a quick release breakaway feature, but it's hard to use without taking off your gloves. To use this feature, you also have to release the chest strap, so I found it to be too inconvenient to use on the lift. You can sit on the lift square on, with your back on the chair, but only when the bottle pouches are empty. Using them will force you to take the pack off, or sit sideways. The bottle pouches are also an odd size, they seem to be about soda can size, but a water bottle is too tall. You also run the risk of landing on them in a backwards fall. I found some kids bottles at Walmart that fit perfectly. I keep water in one and snacks in the other.

You can see in the image what I carry. Keys, wallet, spare goggles, tool kit, first aid kit, boot heater remote, flask, two small water bottles, snack bars, face mask, mittens, spare layer. Just more than I can carry in my pockets, but not enough to justify a full backpack.

Great small pack for the inbounds skier.

IMG_5034.jpg

abcd

Putting on skis
Skier
This marketing campaign is absolute genius. I clicked on the pack commercial on pugski and a day later the team sent me the link to these reviews. Very well done, great targeting