• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kulkea OTRmost Cycling Collection Launching Spring 2021

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When the Mirco Pack was reviewed a few years ago, many of our members started using it for cycling, but asked Kulkea to include some features that would make it even better for cycling, including a hydration option. Kulkea listened and is bringing this line up this spring with the OTRmost Cycling Collection

kulkea cycling .png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a forum sponsor, I wish them the best of luck, but oh boy, the mtb pack universe is very crowded.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I agree that the bike pack universe being pretty crowded, but I haven't seen anything that is as durable as the Kulkea stuff we've had.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On the ski side, I own — and love — the Boot Trekker, Kantaja, and Micro Pack. I use the Micro Pack for skiing, hiking, and biking, and my only gripe about it is the lack of hydration. I think I remember reading here that @Philpug figured out a way to MacGuyver it but I jumped on the new Hydration Pack through the Kickstarter page. Looks like the answer to my problems!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
they need a fanny pack bike setup and one that's designed for gravel cycling. most cyclist dont want a pack on their back, its too hot and sweaty. thats where the market has been going to. But, Im sure those are sturdy and bomb-proof.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
they need a fanny pack bike setup and one that's designed for gravel cycling.

:yeah:

I found out that fanny pack (Patagonia Black hole Waist pack) works absolutely perfectly for me, whatever the cycling type.
I find it less grotesque than jersey pockets stuffed with....stuff that makes you look like The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:yeah:

I found out that fanny pack (Patagonia Black hole Waist pack) works absolutely perfectly for me, whatever the cycling type.
I find it less grotesque than jersey pockets stuffed with....stuff that makes you look like The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Duuude.......those stuffed pockets make you look like a Serious Cyclist, not a hunchback! :ogbiggrin:

But when I need a fanny pack, I love my Bonty Rapid Pack.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed on the Fanny pack but I did back for the gear bag. Hope they meet their goals and are really able to deliver in April or at least by mid-May.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree that the bike pack universe being pretty crowded, but I haven't seen anything that is as durable as the Kulkea stuff we've had.
I'm still riding with a conventional hydration backpack on my MTB. I've probably owned six or eight over the years. None has been perfect so there is room for improvement! My current Osprey Raptor is the best so far, but it does have some durability issues where they went too light with the fabric in certain places.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
they need a fanny pack bike setup and one that's designed for gravel cycling. most cyclist dont want a pack on their back, its too hot and sweaty. thats where the market has been going to. But, Im sure those are sturdy and bomb-proof.
I have the Camelback fanny pack (Its called something else) which I bought a long time ago before Kulkea got into summer/cycling stuff.
I really like the low distribution of weight for me.
Maybe they will expand into that eventually.
My current Osprey Raptor is the best so far, but it does have some durability issues where they went too light with the fabric in certain places.

As you are aware, durabilty has never been an issue with Kulkea. I am not sure how they will expand the cycling line but perhaps they will follow this thread and take some suggestions.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My gear bag and tool roll arrived today and they are sweet. I'll get some pics done in the next couple of days but I'm very happy with them so far.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My gear bag and tool roll arrived today and they are sweet. I'll get some pics done in the next couple of days but I'm very happy with them so far.
I received my gear back just before we headed to Colorado. I'm pretty stoked about the organization possibilities.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I could never where any type of back or fanny pack while cycling.
Front bag or saddle bag with support for me!

Sponsor