• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Kulkea SP RXL Boot Bag Review

utskier

Booting up
Skier
I received this bag just before the beginning of the 2019-20 season. At first glance I was shocked by its actual size: obviously it was made for someone who requires plenty of cargo capacity. The build is on par for the Kulkea line. It has nice finishes in terms of stitching, zippers, and overall design, and the materials appear to be of good quality. As the company description states: You’re a racer, coach, or skier who needs a large ski boot bag that stands up to the challenge. The 72L SP RXL stows boots, helmet, suit, armor, braces, and more.

The large main cargo section does easily hold gloves, helmet, a jacket, race suit, and various other clothing items.

kulkea stuff inside1.jpg

Boot compartments are more than adequate in size and allow for easy storage and retrieval of your boots. The compartments are ventilated through the use of grommets in the bottom and top, allowing for drainage and airflow.

kulkea boot inside.jpg

The shoulder straps are padded nicely and sculpted to help keep them on the shoulders securely. There is a nicely reinforced loop for those one-handed carries.

kulkea straps.jpg

The bag has three zippered pockets -- one on top, one on the front, and one on the inside of the main access panel --and all the zipper pulls are long. A removable standing pad keeps socks dry while you transition from shoes to ski boots; it zips into a pocket on the bottom of the bag. An outside retention cord allows easy storage and access to your jacket.

Kulkea Jacket Strap.jpg

The only problem that I have had is that the bag is so tall that when boots have been removed, the main compartment collapses on itself, making it a challenge to get to my things.
kulkea outside.jpg

Overall this bag is too big for my needs, but it may be just the ticket for someone who needs or wants to carry stuff in bulk.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s really big. I should have crawled inside it to give perspective.