• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kulkea Thermal Trekker, how do you use yours?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I plug mine in on low overnight, if not 1-2 hours on high in the morning. If driving 30 minutes or more, plug in 12v in vehicle.
As I understand it from the tag that was in my bag when new, the max temp is the same on l-m-h. It just takes longer to get to max. I don't know how much longer. It would seem better have a true l-m-h.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I turn it on about an hour before I leave the house to drive to the resort. In Big Bear - it's a 15 minute drive but in Reno about 40 minutes. I'm an early riser so no big issue for me, but I do know that some people who live close to skiing (and sleep until the last minute) use a timer and turn it on before they wake up.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Still waiting for an answer from Kulkea since they were out of town last week. Won’t matter this week as it’s supposed to be in the 60’s. I can just strap my boots to the roof rack to warm them up on the way to ski.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
I plug mine in on low overnight, if not 1-2 hours on high in the morning. If driving 30 minutes or more, plug in 12v in vehicle.
Low overnight is a correct option. No need to use medium or high overnight. 1-2 hours on medium or high in the morning is another correct option. Keep a warm boot warm with 12V plug in a vehicle on the way to the mountain.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Still waiting for an answer from Kulkea since they were out of town last week. Won’t matter this week as it’s supposed to be in the 60’s. I can just strap my boots to the roof rack to warm them up on the way to ski.
I'm back in the office and will respond to you directly.

Sponsor

Staff online