• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lake Louise to Host its Last World Cups

rustypouch

Getting on the lift
Skier
Plus snowmaking and whose tab that goes on, what their actual water rights are etc etc. I guess I'm saying that there are commercial interests that need to be aligned for something like a WC to happen plus NorAms etc. And where the resort is literally a day business the economics are not the same as when they are making on accomodation, evening businesses etc

The snowmaking is the big thing for me, because there's only so much capacity. A couple years back when the WC was cancelled, it made my life a lot easier, as snowmaking to be diverted to beginner and intermediate runs.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Good article in general...they seem to have gotten non-committal quotations from just about everyone they could.

This line bugged me, though:

That seems...challenging. Perhaps they meant to say "In 2020, all World Cup races scheduled in the U.S. were instead held in Europe due to the COVID-19 pandemic."
and Canada?

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have been involved with 2 WC / Olympic sports (at the top level) both as an athlete, as a parent, official, manufacturer and one privy to the requirements.

I'm going to suggest that how the organizations demand how sites must have certain features at their cost does not make economic sense or add any true benefit to the sport or athletes involved but just to the supporters of the Organizations (ie suppliers) involved.

IMHO LL just decided given the current economic that these demands are not worth the costs involved. About time sites start defining limits even if it must be this extreme (withdrawal) at a World Class site.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier

I expect this is somewhat the same. Improve your track to our standard, pay us money, maybe we will race there. If not, any number of other countries will pay...