• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lange Shadow 120 MV

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
Has anybody had a chance to test or play with the new Lange Shadow boots? Any reviews or thoughts?

The boots that are fitting me best right now are the Rossignol High-Speed Pro 120 MV and the Lange RX 120. I'm getting new boots soon and think I'd be remiss without including the Lange Shadow in the process, as all are made in the same factory with much of the same technology.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has anybody had a chance to test or play with the new Lange Shadow boots? Any reviews or thoughts?

The boots that are fitting me best right now are the Rossignol High-Speed Pro 120 MV and the Lange RX 120. I'm getting new boots soon and think I'd be remiss without including the Lange Shadow in the process, as all are made in the same factory with much of the same technology.
If those are two boots that have worked for you, you should consider the Lange's. Availability is limited at this point I am hoping to get some on our test fleet.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I tried a pair on earlier this week but did not get a chance to ski them. The flex is markedly different from a classic Lange: more progressive, more akin to a cabrio boot than a classic 4-buckle overlap. That's pretty much the goal of the Shadow, it seems.

What are you replacing, @The Retired Skier?

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
I am really interested in understanding how this boot skis. Anyone with real life experience please share.

erdz

Booting up
Skier
I am really interested in understanding how this boot skis. Anyone with real life experience please share.
I skied this boot last week. 130 LV in 26.5 . Roomier then standard Lange LV. Standard boot I ski is Lange ZA and Head WCR 4. The Shadow was the best skiing boot I have ever been in. Tip pressure at the top of the turn was amazing.

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
I skied this boot last week. 130 LV in 26.5 . Roomier then standard Lange LV. Standard boot I ski is Lange ZA and Head WCR 4. The Shadow was the best skiing boot I have ever been in. Tip pressure at the top of the turn was amazing.
Wow, strong praise given the boots you’re using. Your comments, especially the tip pressure one, got me thinking that this might be my next boot. If I buy, I’ll make sure that Lange gets your commission to you.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I tried a pair on earlier this week but did not get a chance to ski them. The flex is markedly different from a classic Lange: more progressive, more akin to a cabrio boot than a classic 4-buckle overlap. That's pretty much the goal of the Shadow, it seems.

What are you replacing, @The Retired Skier?
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear....

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone get their eyes on the BSL of these? I'm already planning to pair these with a specific pair of skis and I'm curious how much adjustment I'll end up having to make next season. I'm also betting these are going to be in the $899+ range...

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Sorry, small quibble here, but words do have meanings...
-Progressive Flex means resistance builds up as the boot flexes. The more you drive the cuff forward the stiffer it gets. This is what traditional two piece shells do. (on a bicycle this is how air springs behave)
-Linear Flex means the resistance remains constant. As the cuff moves forward the resistance does not change, it remains the same. This is what cabrio style boots do. (on a bicycle this is how coil springs behave)

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry, small quibble here, but words do have meanings...
-Progressive Flex means resistance builds up as the boot flexes. The more you drive the cuff forward the stiffer it gets. This is what traditional two piece shells do. (on a bicycle this is how air springs behave)
-Linear Flex means the resistance remains constant. As the cuff moves forward the resistance does not change, it remains the same. This is what cabrio style boots do. (on a bicycle this is how coil springs behave)
This clarification is much appreciated for those of us uninitiated. Also, that hypes me up for this boot even more!

CO Freeskier

Getting on the lift
Skier

I was in with my boot fitter, Jeff Bergeron with Boot Fixation, last week and he said he's skied the the Lange Shadow 130 and stated the same exact same thing. He seemed very impressed and recommended it to me for next year.

Reactions: BMC
TS
T

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
I am going to hold out for the Lange Shadow 130 MV.

I have been close to purchasing the Lange RX 130 a couple of times and nearly walked out of a small independent shop a few hours from home with a pair of the twin Rossignol Hi Speed Pro 130 but thought better of it as it would be a pain to have adjustments done with the distance.

I have been told several times now that the Shadow is built on the same last as the RX and the new Rossi boots and both fit me very well.

Skisolo

Putting on skis
Skier
I am going to hold out for the Lange Shadow 130 MV.

I have been close to purchasing the Lange RX 130 a couple of times and nearly walked out of a small independent shop a few hours from home with a pair of the twin Rossignol Hi Speed Pro 130 but thought better of it as it would be a pain to have adjustments done with the distance.

I have been told several times now that the Shadow is built on the same last as the RX and the new Rossi boots and both fit me very well.
I would've too had I known they were in the pipeline.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Front cuff height compared to the RX130?

Any info?

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't understand the difference between the RS and RX. I tried on a pair of RS120 lv. Best boot I have ever had on my feet. It's a very comfortable boot and the flex seems lower than 130. Then again flex changes when you are skiing due to temperature. The boot moves forward smoothly and easily.

Actually, I still find the 120 sc rather attractive, too.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online