• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I would love to see a Tampa-Vegas finals. SOunds fun.
Smart money is on that.. Did you see that fluke of a shot that was the only thing getting past Vasalefski? He was invincible. Tampa's trying to take Nelson out. He's taking a beating. NY has the heart but not the air tight goal keeping Tampa has. Dallas and Vegas is gong to be closer.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Islanders are putting up a better fight than I expected... They just can't hang for the whole 60 minutes without some really good breaks though. Vegas and Dallas is closer than the score reflects.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Down to three teams, really two.

Just to keep it going for those who have no dog left in the fight. What is the ONE MAIN THING your team needs to change to make the finals next season? Yes, there are really several for everyone but I think for the Carolina Hurricanes, they need some muscle. Last season and this season they were doing well until they got pushed around by Boston. We need a Tom Wilson or at least a goon that isn't terrible otherwise.

What was missing from your team this season?

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
As a Red Wing fan....everything, Well, not a GM, we have one that should put the team on the path....in a couple seasons.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Who you sending to Philthy for him?
1600189308949.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Islanders are putting up a better fight than I expected... They just can't hang for the whole 60 minutes without some really good breaks though.
I stand corrected. Still a big hill to climb, but last night showed they have the tenacity to beat Goliath.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Props to NYIs for hanging in there and giving it a good run!

Tampa Bay Lightning

VS

The franchise formerly known as North Stars.

Just because it's my all time favorite franchise who I don't follow all that closely anymore I'm going with Stars in 6

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Dear Dallas Stars. It's not a good idea to spot Vasilevskiy and Tampa 3 goals in the first period ever..

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So Team Canada just beat the Germans 16-2 in World Junior hockey. I'm not a fan of goal differential being used to decide seeding or tie-breaks. Is there a better way? I mean after they were up by five the Canadians would score and just skate to the bench, didn't even cheer. Nobody likes a beat down like that.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So Team Canada just beat the Germans 16-2 in World Junior hockey. I'm not a fan of goal differential being used to decide seeding or tie-breaks. Is there a better way? I mean after they were up by five the Canadians would score and just skate to the bench, didn't even cheer. Nobody likes a beat down like that.

That was hard to watch. There was literally not a goaltender, everything was going in. Only 44 shots. Yes, that's "a lot" but not really, for how many goals went in. As in, 77 shots is "a lot" aka USvAustria. It's not like Canada was pulling out all the stops. I think that would never happen again, with Germany's Covid problems etc. A mercy rule is too amateur-feeling, and you can't really tweak the game (eg, pull a Canadian off the ice so they are shorthanded all the time) since it is a very important tournament, where all the rules should stay the same from game to game. Maybe they should have rescheduled. But... it's a tournament.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know how many posts the Americans hit in the first, but they would have at least equaled Can's goal total!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Our Winter Classic series game is the latest casualty of the pandemic. I didn't get the "official" details why that one had to be cancelled instead of the opponent changed to sync with the new central division schedule. I suspect the REAL reason would be that the effort required to make that happen at the venue far exceeds any financial revenues gained with our outdoor venue capacity restricted to 7% of a full house. They would have lost a boatload of money setting up that staduim for a couple thousand people to watch live. The indoor arena across the parking lot will do just fine for now..

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Our Winter Classic series game is the latest casualty of the pandemic. I didn't get the "official" details why that one had to be cancelled instead of the opponent changed to sync with the new central division schedule. I suspect the REAL reason would be that the effort required to make that happen at the venue far exceeds any financial revenues gained with our outdoor venue capacity restricted to 7% of a full house. They would have lost a boatload of money setting up that staduim for a couple thousand people to watch live. The indoor arena across the parking lot will do just fine for now..
... pretty much confirmed this is why.

Pierre LeBrun twitter

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
... pretty much confirmed this is why.

Pierre LeBrun twitter
Yep, and it is actually only 7%.

Spectators at professional and collegiate sporting events at very large outdoor facilities (defined as those facilities with a total seating capacity of 10,000 or more and which meet the other conditions in the order) are limited to 7% of the facility’s total seating capacity.