• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Looouuuuuu!!!! We have a great euphemism up here..Robidas Island..ever since Lou stuck Stephan Robidas on LTIR for "numb nuts" or something to get him off the salary cap spreadsheet. He's a class act, seriously. Just win baby.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well @SBrown , this could be the year for your Av's.. They're looking good.

Their first game was awful (looked like a preseason game) but yesterday was better. lol. Although Blues had their preseason game yesterday. Everyone is picking the Avs, which makes me nervous, but it worked out ok for Tampa Bay last season.

scott43

Skier
That Nathan MacKinnon man..he's the real deal.

On another note, can ANYONE tell me how to get Auston Matthews to shave off that stupid mustache?!?!? :roflmao:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So I had my head in the sand some with the new geo conferences just looking at Central. I hadn't noticed that North is entirely and exclusively Canada eh?! So, what are the thoughts that at least one (but only one) of the final 4 teams will be from Canada this time Eh?!

scott43

Skier
Well that was a Covid reality... I hope they deserve to be there, not just because they're from Canada. Fingers crossed...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well that was a Covid reality... I hope they deserve to be there, not just because they're from Canada. Fingers crossed...
I'm mixed. I definitely think out of all of Canada, someone up there belongs in the final four.. However, each other division will see no games against Canada teams during the regular season which kinda sucks.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
They usually have a year to plan and make a rink. This time 7 weeks and with no current infrastructure to work with. Looks amazing.

1613690839673.png

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looked pretty on TV on Sunday. Pretty decent game with the Bruins winning handily.

scott43

Skier
I wish they'd get down to firing the refs who are TERRIBLE in sports... Having said that, I never liked the even-up penalties in hockey. I always wanted it to be called as it was played..if one team gets 10 power plays in a night and the other 0, so be it. Kerry Fraser used to do that..insert himself into the game. Just call it as it is please..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yep, and I remember that one said they used to keep a token in their pocket (left pocked or right pocket) to remember who got the last bad call and use that to reference which way to go on the next "not 100% sure close call" penalty.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Spending some stimulus money now that additional tickets and capacity opened up at the hockey rink. Got row D on the blue line for Canes vs Stars Sunday night. Now the decision of what team sweater to wear.. Hummm.. Canes are better right now and our true current home team. But, I got a sweet new North Stars Neil Broten throwback jersey so decisions decisions! It will be a jersey for one team and a hat for the other regardless..

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Spending some stimulus money now that additional tickets and capacity opened up at the hockey rink. Got row D on the blue line for Canes vs Stars Sunday night. Now the decision of what team sweater to wear.. Hummm.. Canes are better right now and our true current home team. But, I got a sweet new North Stars Neil Broten throwback jersey so decisions decisions! It will be a jersey for one team and a hat for the other regardless..

You gotta rep the Minnesota legend’s sweater. I wish I still had my Cesare Maniago jersey. Had a Fighting Saints Bill Butters jersey too. Good times growing up in the Great White North.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Spending some stimulus money now that additional tickets and capacity opened up at the hockey rink. Got row D on the blue line for Canes vs Stars Sunday night. ...

I managed to get our exact regular seats for all six remaining games -- kinda cool since only a few seats on our row are even available at quarter capacity. But I think I may be seeing live hockey on Saturday! From a familiar seat!

Sponsor

Staff online