• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What the NHL needs to start addressing is the goal keeper additional, unnecessary walrus padding. Might aa well have webbed sleeves too the way they make themselves bigger.
1633282446671.png

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I was watching an NFL game last week and there was an interior D lineman who was 5'11', 330lbs. Sounds like the perfect NHL goalie body. ogsmile

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A bit on fat goalie's and gear (could be paywalled if you've used up your free views):

In general, the equipment and uniform are already limited. If you think pads are out of hand, then you need a rule change, not a change in behavior or equipment selection.

(BTW, the book that the WSJ article is from, Andy Roddick Beat Me With a Frying Pan, is a good, fun book about oddball sports questions.)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A bit on fat goalie's and gear (could be paywalled if you've used up your free views):

In general, the equipment and uniform are already limited. If you think pads are out of hand, then you need a rule change, not a change in behavior or equipment selection.

(BTW, the book that the WSJ article is from, Andy Roddick Beat Me With a Frying Pan, is a good, fun book about oddball sports questions.)
Ya no intelligent person would suggest an extremely obese, out of shape person could play 3 periods of professional hockey. It's already true that net minders try to increase their size with gear tricks to mimic the walrus effect without really being that fat.

1633293231886.png

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I intentionally ignored this thread after my last post, which was the biggest jinx that ever jinxed. Avs are being waaaaay overrated, still. I finally started believing last year, and poof, that was it. haha.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They're still playing hockey? I thought it was baseball season!:duck:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Stop the reverse psychology. It's working to well. Good grief.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, we're on pace for an 82-0 season! I re-painted the float tonight...everyone loves a parade!

Your float will need more than a coat of paint. It will need a complete refit with wings with battery powered propellers because by the time Leafs win the Cup we will be driving around in George Jetson flying cars AND floats that float. :duck:

James

Out There
Instructor
New Jersey should do an ad with Lindsey Vonn at the indoor ski center, then trying to learn hockey or skating with PK at the Devil’s arena.

James

Out There
Instructor
They split?? Really not keeping up.
What is next, Nba or baseball player?