• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Too many men make up call.. Ya it was... but probably isn't called without all the hollering hahahaha

James

Out There
Instructor
Any doubt now about Tampa being down 2-0 in the series?
Geez, they’re still behind and it seems they’re ahead. CO seemed just a bit off last night.
Pet peeve- endless blathering about Vasilevsky. When you shoot the puck right at the goalie’s body, it should be announced as a “stop”, not breathlessly announced as a save. That goes for all goalies.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Any doubt now about Tampa being down 2-0 in the series?
Geez, they’re still behind and it seems they’re ahead. CO seemed just a bit off last night.
Pet peeve- endless blathering about Vasilevsky. When you shoot the puck right at the goalie’s massive and over padded body, it should be announced as a “stop”, not breathlessly announced as a save. That goes for all goalies.
Fixed it for you!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
No threepeat for Tampa.. Not sad about that. And just for a laugh...

Oopsie!

James

Out There
Instructor
Well Tampa has finally been toppled. Really went down to the final seconds.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dang it, I wanted CO, but also wanted game seven, since I was unable to watch last night.

Next year I'd love to see two dark horse teams in the finals.......

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well Tampa has finally been toppled. Really went down to the final seconds.
Textbook smother D by Col in the third. I watch these two teams getting it done and I realize just how far the Leafs are from the finals. Not in my lifetime..

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah even with that they had a two on one and Kucherov missed the net I think.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Man, I told myself I wouldn’t get stressed but that was not attainable. I was able to go to one game per round, three wins (including that 7-0 shellacking) and a loss (Game 2 StL). Pretty great time. I had two extra Game 7 tickets purchased during the season ticket holder presale, I was considering selling them to fund next year’s ski season, but luckily it didn’t come to that.

Game 5 just killed me, my kids were at the game, and I was just sure Avs would do it then and there. It was set up so perfect. Except not.

Happy for Naz. He really buckled down this season, and I know people still think he is crap, and maybe he will be again, but he seemed different. (And had his best year ever, coincidence?) (Happy for everyone, of course, especially EJ.)

I am embarrassed for the Tampa Bay Whiners, mostly the smarmy lawyer coach, but I get it. Not used to losing, are they. Really proud of Bednar and others for not taking the bait and keeping it classy. (Clearly it trickles down from your leadership, eh?)

Makar. Is. 23. Years. Old. And Byram might end up just as good … that’s an ask, but I think I read he played the most 5v5 minutes of any player in the finals. Turned 21 about 2 wk ago.

Summer will be rough. Avs have some great contracts, but some other guys are about to get paid. Let’s not think about that, though.

I almost gave up my seats a few times during the past years, but I did keep believing, and it paid off. Moved back to CO in 2000, got on the waiting list then, I think it took two seasons to get a 14-game pack, and then after that it’s been full seasons ever since. Sometimes I think I’m nuts. Well, I am. I don’t even live there anymore, but family goes to most games. Worth it.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Glad you kept your seats @SBrown. Good call. I was part of a group of friends that had Avs season ticket number 8 starting back in '95-'96. We had four seats at center ice 8 rows up.
I finally cried uncle when the tix got near $140/game for regular season games. Wish I'd kept them.
Went to Game 2 of the Edmonton series-single best sports spectator event I've ever been to; it was insane and impossibly fun.
Its exciting to think about next year, although Sakic will have a tough time keeping the entire group together.
Agree with you on TB; after literally every Avs goal, you'd have to wait to see what objection TB would put up.
Parade on Thurs in Den should be fun.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad you kept your seats @SBrown. Good call. I was part of a group of friends that had Avs season ticket number 8 starting back in '95-'96. We had four seats at center ice 8 rows up.
I finally cried uncle when the tix got near $140/game for regular season games. Wish I'd kept them.
Went to Game 2 of the Edmonton series-single best sports spectator event I've ever been to; it was insane and impossibly fun.
Its exciting to think about next year, although Sakic will have a tough time keeping the entire group together.
Agree with you on TB; after literally every Avs goal, you'd have to wait to see what objection TB would put up.
Parade on Thurs in Den should be fun.
That’s awesome! Seniority (and some lean years) allowed me to pretty quickly get my choice of seats, which are first row on the lower third level, attack twice. Not quite low center ice, but still very affordable! Averaged $58 a game this year, and they are also right next to bathroom, bar, and exit. Even playoff prices maxed out at $106 for the finals. Wonder what will happen to prices next season … :eek:

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just for reference, here's the benchmark...

I remember this well!!!

What a series..sooo happy the Avs took down the Bolts. They didn't go easily..but champs never want to give up what they have...the Avs took it from them. I'm a Caps fan and the 2018 Cup run was one of the most fun things I've ever watched. Was at a game in each round and then one game in the finals when they won big at home. Hard to describe the intensity and nerves of playoff hockey...it really is next level. Congrats to the Avs and those of you who weathered many early playoff exits and the horrible season of a years ago...you get one week to celebrate and then worry about the contracts that are up! :( The business of sports is so cruel!!!

James

Out There
Instructor
I still pissed at McDonough from when the Rangers played the Kings in the Cup finals. Fact he’s at Tampa makes it worse.

Sponsor