• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Tour 2022

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thread for this year's TdF, if anybody is interested.

I always watch at least portions, and would love other's perspectives, such as @Yo Momma, who I know follows closely.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
If ASO meant for the new shade of yellow to be allusive to Ukraine, they should have contrasted it with light blue in more places other than Shimano neutral service cars and motorcycles.

New TDF yellow:
1656770085263.png

Old TDF yellow:

1656770233011.png

Right now it just looks like they're giving Credit Lyonnais priority over the old Continental mango.

Specialized TT helmets? Kask TT helmets (INEOS?) Went past Disney Stormtrooper straight into Spaceballs. I'll take the POC/EF Education duck helmets any day over those. Shoutout to the chin-length Specialized visors, tho. Total PPE styling :thumb:

Herself hates the 'Old Masters inspired' Jumbo Visma jerseys. I kinda like them especially with the crackle effect and the glow they pick up off the orange logo strips in the rain.

OH and I kind of want one of those Danish flag-tab Ceramicspeed pulley covers. Those also look slick for rainy days.

Last edited:
TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some pretty good pushing and shoving between Sagan and winner Jakobsen in today's sprint finish.

I've looked at 17 or so video analyses, and it's hard to say who's doing the dirty.

What a comeback story for Jakobsen!

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm hearing Stage 7 the fireworks will begin

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Anyone else rewrapping their bars to get a bare nekkid middle section and the finish tape right at the bend? :D (Really obvious on MCN's bars with that EF yellow)

Oh and love the M-shape solar panel layouts where they dip between the dormers.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone else rewrapping their bars to get a bare nekkid middle section and the finish tape right at the bend?

Bar tape is so good and durable these days that I felt a little bit like a klutz the last time I actually rewrapped a pair of bars.....

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Bar tape is so good and durable these days that I felt a little bit like a klutz the last time I actually rewrapped a pair of bars.....
You know I did it daily for like 10 years, and fast! Now yeah, klutz. I pulled it off a few times but definitely lacks the pro finish... :huh:

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another day of sprinters pushing and shoving -- and accidentally leading out the wrong dude! -- and finger waving.....

Are sprinters babies?!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sprinters are going in the range of 40 miles per hour, shoulder to shoulder, pushing and shoving, turning tight corners on narrow metal barrier lined finish approaches. Not sure that makes them babies. Are they Prima Donnas? Not as I understand the term. Doubt few of us here could do what the TdF sprinters are doing in those finish approaches.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Some pretty good pushing and shoving between Sagan and winner Jakobsen in today's sprint finish.

I've looked at 17 or so video analyses, and it's hard to say who's doing the dirty.

I'm nowhere near as bothered by the Sagan/Jakobsen rub as by the Kung/Guerriero helmet twist/bottle reaction.

I'm also a bit with Christian Horner on this - van der Poel doesn't know how to do a top level leadout and has spent too much focused on other training to really be blamed for dropping his guy back in 15th? position.

Talking of leadout men, did you guys see Pedersen's gearing? 56/43 front rings :geek::eek:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Sprinters are going in the range of 40 miles per hour, shoulder to shoulder, pushing and shoving, turning tight corners on narrow metal barrier lined finish approaches. Not sure that makes them babies. Are they Prima Donnas? Not as I understand the term. Doubt few of us here could do what the TdF sprinters are doing in those finish approaches.
Yeah I don't have to be able to play as well as Peter Mrazek to know when he's playing crap. I don't get paid to play that well.. that's their job. Get on with it and don't be a hero...

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Didn't at all mean to take away from their abilities, which are flat out crazy. More just commenting on their near-constant complaints about each other.

But keep in mind -- to steal a motto from my old, and missed, biking group -- We are Ski Talkers and we are fearless in our judging!!! ;) :ogbiggrin:

Seriously, I am SO looking forward to Stage 7 on Friday!

James

Out There
Instructor
Excessive time in spandex. Plus all the blood letting and internal modifications.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Seriously bad blood between Jakobsen and Groenewegan (spelling). That surprised me. I thought they would have mended after everything, but NO WAY! Lovn' the Magnus Cort parade! The Danes know how to Party! ... but it will be short lived...

I went though the sprint in slow mo and still can't figure out how Jakobsen could have lost Markov's wheel around that left hand bend. I think they said he had to give way to Kristoff, who is HUGE in pro biker size but I didn't see that scenario. :popcorn:

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Astounding stage for me today, as I almost always root for the breakaway, so mostly come away disappointed.

But Wout CRUSHED the finish of the stage.

Eddy Merckx would be proud -- Hi, I've got yellow, and I'm going to ride away from all of you, because those 2nd place stage finishes just don't sit well with me!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Astounding stage for me today, as I almost always root for the breakaway, so mostly come away disappointed.

The Cote de Cassel cobbled sprint was actually a bit interesting - looking at the way the bikes rode on the cobbles (not the riders, mind), I would totally want Perez' DeRosa over MCN's SuperSix EVO. That thing just looked jumpy.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Poga-Rap......... Really??? Don't quit your day job! Ha ha ha ha Wout is THE MAN!!!!!!!! :yeah:

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Cote de Cassel cobbled sprint was actually a bit interesting - looking at the way the bikes rode on the cobbles (not the riders, mind), I would totally want Perez' DeRosa over MCN's SuperSix EVO. That thing just looked jumpy.

At least a couple of the Trek riders will be sporting the new Domane today, so I'll have a sharp eye out for that and how it jitters around, or not!

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Came so close to having a USA stage winner today in Neilson Powless. Bummed!

I'm not the world's biggest fan of cobbles in The Tour, but these generally went well.

Anybody else share my crazy thought that Jumbo Visma is actually looking to Wout for GC?!

Sponsor

Staff online