• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Tour 2022

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

1657730858523.png

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What a stage today! Possibly the best I've seen in over 5 years. Or that I remember.

Now we eat popcorn, and watch Taddy try and claw his way back!

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jumbo did the 1..2... "Rope a Dope"! :hail: Toasted Taddy's legs w/ the pre-Granon Teamwork! Recovery will determine today's outcome...... I can't believe these guys have anything left in the tank. Victor Hugo Pena w/ Johan Bruyneel and Mario Sabato (Argentinain Cycling reporter) on " La Movida " Podcast says, (translation) " ...It's as if these new young riders have an upgrade chip in them!"

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't believe these guys have anything left in the tank.

Good point. It would be even more fun to see a couple of different riders outride Taddy and Vingo, due to fatigue from yesterday.

Late time slot on CNBC today. I won't be checking this thread for awhile!

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Good point. It would be even more fun to see a couple of different riders outride Taddy and Vingo, due to fatigue from yesterday.

Late time slot on CNBC today. I won't be checking this thread for awhile!
Ha ha ha! Agreed! I try to only talk about the stage of the previous day results. If I don't watch the stage = social media SHUTDOWN!!! Except Orla's super fun Insty posts on GCN+! Wifey is on the case there! :golfclap: LOL

Just heard an interview with the owners of HVMN Ketone Drinks on The Move. All of the riders are now doing Ketone drinks. This was supposedly tested and implemented in U.S. military JSOC. Interesting and proven advantages but it was DEF promotion as they never touched on the risks (short and long), and any contraindications for managing increased ketone consumption (esp at recreational level performance). They are pushing for Ketone drinks to end up like having a cup of coffee. Hmmm.... I'll be searching for that info as I know that long term Keto Diets can have some interesting effects on our bodies.

Johan predicts Pogacar will absolutely recover today. Compared him to a sponge w/o water yesterday. Today the sponge will be replenished...... Interesting analogy. We'll see, but hard to bet against Johan esp after he nailed the Jungel's prediction.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Just heard the owners of HVMN Ketone Drinks on The Move. All of the riders are now doing Ketone drinks. This was supposedly all tested and implemented in U.S. military JSOC. Interesting and proven advantages but it was DEF promotion as they never touched on the risks (short and long), and any contraindications for managing increased ketone consumption. Hmmm.... I'll be searching for that info as I know that long term Keto Diets can have some interesting effects on our bodies.

Just like the e-bike fans like to keep their hobby separate from mopeds, I think we should keep ketogenic diets apart from on-bike exogenous ketones as supplement to maxed-out carbohydrate ingestion.

(Don't take that as implying I'm a fan, talk about nasty tasting, urgh)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
UAE are proper shagged - even the team manager has gone home with Covid. Pog will be driving himself on the team bus to Paris at this rate.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just like the e-bike fans like to keep their hobby separate from mopeds, I think we should keep ketogenic diets apart from on-bike exogenous ketones as supplement to maxed-out carbohydrate ingestion.

(Don't take that as implying I'm a fan, talk about nasty tasting, urgh)
Totally agree but that mix seems to be the new shiny physio toy in internet land. Thus the comparisons as we move towards recreational use. I have to wonder about the indications as far as how this may affect us mortals as we strive to maximize performance. I'm talking at work, intellectual focus, physical labor, high intensity thought during stress, etc... I guess I'm researching, If we can get up to a 15% boost from exogenous ketones, how does it interplay w/ our current modes of enhancing our performance minus the care of a physician or nutritionist like the pros have? Can they eventually be akin to Coffee as the HVMN people are hoping?

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
UAE are proper shagged - even the team manager has gone home with Covid. Pog will be driving himself on the team bus to Paris at this rate.
Okay...... Clarification ...... NOT laughing at the COVID reference as that is quite serious and the resurgence of long term effects we are seeing in our patients is real. I'm laughing at the last statement visualizing Pog driving the bus! That almost made me spit out my Ketone drink! (kidding... I meant water! LOL)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Not over till the last (competitive) day TT. Plus there is hunting of sprint bonuses to be had even without any further mtn action.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Today's stage was huge, with 3 monster climbs......and it was a snooze-fest.

Bike racing. You just never know.