• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Tour 2022

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
3. WOUT IS A FREAKING MONSTER!!!!
That's understatement ;)

As for Vingegaard waiting... it looked nice, but realistically it has nothing to do with sportsmanship. He would never gain anything on that downhill compared to Pogacar (their descending level is light years apart), and on the other side, he didn't need to gain anything. Another thing is, he had Kuss and Benoot trying to catch them a few seconds behind, so waiting gave more chances for Kuss and Benoot to catch and help him. So it might look like great sportsmanship but in reality it was plain and simple tactics. Not to mention it sort of cancelled all further attacks on that downhill from Pogacar. Sure on the end if wouldn't matter, but at that moment noone knew that Pogacar won't be able to keep up later on in last climb.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As for Vingegaard waiting... it looked nice, but realistically it has nothing to do with sportsmanship. He would never gain anything on that downhill compared to Pogacar (their descending level is light years apart), and on the other side, he didn't need to gain anything. Another thing is, he had Kuss and Benoot trying to catch them a few seconds behind, so waiting gave more chances for Kuss and Benoot to catch and help him. So it might look like great sportsmanship but in reality it was plain and simple tactics. Not to mention it sort of cancelled all further attacks on that downhill from Pogacar. Sure on the end if wouldn't matter, but at that moment noone knew that Pogacar won't be able to keep up later on in last climb.

I'm going to counter-argue that by claiming that when Vingo decided to wait, he could not see Taddy, so didn't really know how long he'd be waiting.

But yeah, it probably wasn't going to matter.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Is it not possible for it to be win win for Vingo, he looks the fair competitor while also gaining tactically. We saw Pog arguing with his team car slightly thereafter - whether he was being told to immediately attack someone who'd at least neutralised his incident or was saying he didn't have it at that moment I guess we don't know.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Is it not possible for it to be win win for Vingo, he looks the fair competitor while also gaining tactically. We saw Pog arguing with his team car slightly thereafter - whether he was being told to immediately attack someone who'd at least neutralised his incident or was saying he didn't have it at that moment I guess we don't know.
I know when I crash in races it kinda blows up my race. You get adrenaline and then you kinda crash physiologically. It's a bit of a mental hit. Then you may have stiffness etc. And to try and attack after that is a big thing for me anyway. They're pros and maybe it doesn't bother them. And admittedly I'm a hack...

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here we go again w/ NBC cycling antics. I want to watch the TDF Femmes and my only option is Peacock Streaming. CNBC is slated to cover stg 1 and the last stage ...... That's it........ :nono: I'm looking into a VPN to see if I can get "Fun" Euro coverage from GCN+ ....... So tired of Bob saying " ...Tis..." and " ...spoken word videos... " (You meant RAP.. Right!?!? :huh:) and "... this church, monument or castle..." all while wearing a skull ring. Bob, if you're gonna bring it....... BRING IT FOR REAL!....... STOP POSING and trying to be Paul Sherwin!!!!!! Paul was THE MAN and represented his true self on camera!!!

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Marcel Kittel bikepacking and his first time as a spectator since retiring

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Listening to Lance Armstrong's podcast, "The Move TDF Femmes avec Zwift" which previously along w/ Johan Bruyneel covered the TDF (Mens) in detail which Wifey and I understand after watching for many years now. Lance has pro female bikers co-hosting but no real "Intro" character like JB who asks the "novice...give me the lay of the land" questions. Wifey and I can't follow this because nobody is giving us the intro to the players. They just go on about how great this one or that one is. I don't know who's who? Wifey said; " ... not like the TDF, nobody is teaching us and building the drama or making it fun like Orla and Adam. This is boring...." :huh:

Can't believe I'm totally bored w/ the TDF Femmes...It's desperately in need of some "Production" Just found out a second ago that Pogacar's GF is in the race and that she's a Slovenian rider. He left the podium and is now following her as she rides around France. 2nd place....Hmmmmm????? :hug:LOL

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Listening to Lance Armstrong's podcast, "The Move TDF Femmes avec Zwift" which previously along w/ Johan Bruyneel covered the TDF (Mens) in detail which Wifey and I understand after watching for many years now. Lance has pro female bikers co-hosting but no real "Intro" character like JB who asks the "novice...give me the lay of the land" questions. Wifey and I can't follow this because nobody is giving us the intro to the players. They just go on about how great this one or that one is. I don't know who's who? Wifey said; " ... not like the TDF, nobody is teaching us and building the drama or making it fun like Orla and Adam. This is boring...." :huh:

Can't believe I'm totally bored w/ the TDF Femmes...It's desperately in need of some "Production" Just found out a second ago that Pogacar's GF is in the race and that she's a Slovenian rider. He left the podium and is now following her as she rides around France. 2nd place....Hmmmmm????? :hug:LOL
I started watching TDF Femmes avec Zwift after finally finishing watching replays of the last 5 stages of the TDF. I haven’t listened to the podcast you mentioned, but just watching on Peacock has been confusing.

I liked hearing intros and analysis from Chris Horner and Christian Vandervelde, and the commentary from Bob Roll and Phil Ligget was amusing and informative for the TDF coverage. For the TdF Femmes, I don’t know who the commentators are yet, nor have I heard much about many of the riders, so it is confusing. I’m sticking with it though!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
TdF Femmes was on the Today show this morning. A 30 person crash. No mention of any of the riders, who is winning or anything. Just gawk at all these women piled up on the road.

scott43

Skier
TdF Femmes was on the Today show this morning. A 30 person crash. No mention of any of the riders, who is winning or anything. Just gawk at all these women piled up on the road.
I mean unfortunately this kind of circus attitude is often there with women's sports. Completely inappropriate considering the calibre of riders there.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I mean unfortunately this kind of circus attitude is often there with women's sports. Completely inappropriate considering the calibre of riders there.
Totally agree. They deserve a much more highly produced program w/ the implied infrastructure to bring pple on board. The Move has had serious female pros on there (including an in depth interview w/ the first Women's TDF winner) attempting to break down the stages but they are already familiar w/ the players. Their skillset is not "Commentary and Announcing" and assuring audience engagement kinda like Orla on GCN+, Paul Bermeister on NBC, JB (not Johan B... the other JB) on The Move for the Men's TDF, and Mario Sabato on the La Movida (Latino version of The Move).

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
They're really stuck in their ways..

That's kinda what I'm saying. If the Japanese Keirin Autorace Foundation can break out of its 1950s traditional mindset and make exceptions for a womens league, anyone can do it. I mean the JP men are still racing on soldered spokes, for crying out loud.

And I reckon allowing geometry exceptions for smaller sized bikes (<52-cm-effective-ST) makes total sense.

Sponsor

Staff online