• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Left Field: Toddler Friendly Snow Pants?

vigga

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Appealing to any parents out there:
We have a four year old in our seasonal ski program for the first time. It's going great save one thing: Our little guy struggles to get off his bib down when he needs to go potty. Any other parents ever tackle this problem? Most toddler pants (e.g. Patagonia) are bibs which are a bit tough for little folks to get off - especially when nature is screaming vs calling. I figured I'd throw out the question and see what came back.
Thanks and Happy New Year.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd go bibs if out of diapers/pull ups. Comfort is #1 to keep from them having bad association with playing in the snow.. and snow down the pants is one of the most uncomfortable thing that happens after cold hands or cold feet.

Just my experience when my kids were toddlers.. They definitely loved snow days and still do..' They preferred bibs until they were teen agers..

1641137916721.png

Last edited:

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
These. We have 2 young boys and just keep buying this bib. Full front-zip means that they don't have to remove anything but their mittens. The shoulder straps are Velcro and very adjustable for length. Fleece vest-like upper with waterproof insulated bottoms. They stay 100% dry in the PNW weather conditions. You can find these for sub-$100.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When my kids were little we got them one piece suits too. Really as easy as taking off their coat, and they stayed warm and comfortable. We got ones from MEC (in Canada), but North Face has some too. I loved the old MEC ones because they had offset zippers and there was no zipper pull right under their chin.
9F98DB55-546E-4A28-83D8-BD161D47EA14.jpeg

TS
V

vigga

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks all. We are in Patagonia bibs currently - between the zipper and velcro, it hard even for mom and dad :) Will try some of these options.

Sponsor