• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LEKI Trigger S Safety System

TS
David

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
While traveling this weekend I threw the new poles in the car in case I found a ski shop that carries LEKI Triggers and did find one. The same grips that they have will release without using the button with one hand. One of the female sales people was also able to pull it out. Then we tried mine and nobody could get them to release. The safety feature on my piles DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY! They go back for exchange on Tuesday! Thanks everyone who tried to help!!!

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the Gabel versions (old style LEKI) with the full strap in harness. I have seen the LEKI system with simple straps years ago, which is why I made the comment.

Between the Gabel and the LEKI, the LEKI is definitely the better system, the reason I went with the Gabel was price, significantly cheaper about 1/4 of the cost.

Personally I think the poles are the, just the mechanism is different.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes I wear them correctly and my Goode pole straps release as designed. These won't release pulling up (as they do when you push the button) with 2 of us pulling.
Does yours have the loop and pin system or the older plug in clip?

PS Sorry did see you post re going back fir repairs.

TS
David

David

Skier
Does yours have the loop and pin system or the older plug in clip?

PS Sorry did see you post re going back fir repairs.
Goode straps have a rectangular metal piece that snaps down into the grip like the LEKI's nylon loop.

James

Out There
Instructor
Scott and Soloman both have releasable clips, not at the level of LEKI, but you’re not hostage either. Probably better than Goode though.

TS
David

David

Skier
Scott and Soloman both have releasable clips, not at the level of LEKI, but you’re not hostage either. Probably better than Goode though.
Really? I've looked at them and never read or noticed. I returned the LEKI and was going to reorder but maybe I'll shop some more. I do really like the Goode releasable grips because you can lock the release on piste or on lifts and unlock them when you're in trees and always worked well for me since early 90's.

James

Out There
Instructor
Really? I've looked at them and never read or noticed. I returned the LEKI and was going to reorder but maybe I'll shop some more. I do really like the Goode releasable grips because you can lock the release on piste or on lifts and unlock them when you're in trees and always worked well for me since early 90's.
Scott:

The annoying thing is the straps can be too small with big mittens. Maybe they’ve changed it though. Personally I prefer the older non releasable straps.

Salomon’s system is the S3, which is on a lot of their poles. Don’t know how it works.
https://www.salomon.com/en-int/shop-emea/catalogsearch/result/?q=S3+pole

03E123F0-7487-42B4-89AA-4D19772CB32D.png

https://www.evo.com/outlet/ski-poles/salomon-hacker-s3-2016

TS
David

David

Skier
Scott:

The annoying thing is the straps can be too small with big mittens. Maybe they’ve changed it though. Personally I prefer the older non releasable straps.

Salomon’s system is the S3, which is on a lot of their poles. Don’t know how it works.
https://www.salomon.com/en-int/shop-emea/catalogsearch/result/?q=S3+pole

View attachment 79495
https://www.evo.com/outlet/ski-poles/salomon-hacker-s3-2016
Thanks. I did find them on their sites but they don't really advertise the safety thing. I had to go looking for it. I still like the LEKI system but this may come down to price between the 4 of them. There's some ski shows coming up so hopefully I can see them all and compare.

TS
David

David

Skier
I returned the LEKI's and after looking at some other types I ordered another pair of the LEKI. They just arrived and the straps do release as the straps in the store. If yours don't contact LEKI. They wanted me to send them back to LEKI for replacement in case the new ones didn't release. That's impressive customer service since I bought them online and on sale!

Sponsor

Staff online