• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Lenz 6.0 Heat Sock

Sli1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I would really like to get the 6.1s but I'm probably 22 days in new boots and still wearing knee high nylons. I haven't even tried to get my threadbare ultra thin socks in there yet........ and still not sure the small would be small enough?
I don't believe you will fit in with any acceptable comfort with the Lenz 6.0 if you are using knee high nylons. I was in the exact same situation. I ended up cutting holes in my liners to create the necessary room with the socks

Sli1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just tried on my new 6.1's for the first time. Haven't tried sticking them in a boot yet, but they are definitely the thickest sock I've used in the past 20 years. Should be interesting, especially since I added Carv Sensors too. First day out this season might be more than a bit uncomfortable.

How quick do these typically take to warm up? It seems like it took about 5 minutes before I felt any heat at all while set at the highest setting. My previous Hotronic insoles, got super toasty really quick.
Just put them on inside a runner on street shoe and you will feel the effect quickly, probably within 30 seconds. However, if you are cramming your foot into a smaller space (thicker sock and Carv sensor) you could eliminate the heating benefit through cutting off the circulation. i learnt this from experience.

Sponsor