• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Lenz 6.0 Heat Sock

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I received my 5.0 a month ago and they definitely run large.
I’m a 10.5 and bought the large like my 1.0’s are and the 5.0’s definitely run bigger.

jack545

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to order small. Hopefully I don't have to return them, but I'll report back either way.

JeffL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I just test fit the 6.0 at my local shop by the boot fitter. I have a size 8 men's shoe size, 41 euro. M fits perfectly, with heal cup where it belongs.

Go West Skier

Booting up
Skier
I ski in Nordica Doberman WC 130 race boots... very very narrow fit for my very narrow feet. Cold feet issue forever. I wear the thinnest Euorosocks brand ski socks offered. Are these socks, he 6.0 version.... much thicker? Obv my worry is they will cause my tight fit to be too tight. Thx. - Mike

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The 6.0 are compression socks, the 5.0 aren’t. As a compression sock they are stretched thinner, though I haven’t compared to other thin compression socks. They are a little thicker around the toes since that where the heat elements are.

I would think it depends on how much give there in with the liners in Dobermans. Or start a notch looser on the buckles if needed.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^ yes, they are quite thin except there is flat element over the instep and around the toes that thickens it a little. I have new boots that are tight in the heel and ankle but looser in the toes, so they are working just right for me. Do you have toe room? Or the ability to stretch toes at all? I do like the socks better than insole heaters because the element wraps your toes, which is what gets cold, so to me it's worth dealing with possibly having to stretch or punch boot shell toes.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I have both 5.0's and 6.0's now, just got the 6's. The 5's are not thin and under the toes feels like there's something there. Where the toes meet the foot, in that cavity. I didn't like it in the house, but skiing with them it didn't bother me. The thickness of the sock could definitely be an issue if you have a very tight fitting boot.

The 6's are thinner, I like that about them, but they still have the noticable section under the toes. It's better than the 5's but still there. They are not like a super thin ski sock, but definitely like a thin ski sock.

Go West Skier

Booting up
Skier
Thank you all. I appreciate your feedback. I have Intuition Plug Race liners in the boots. I do have a bit of toe room... and not afraid to grind or punch a tad in toe area. ll see how returnable they are and give them a try if policy is fair. I have tried Hotronics boot heaters in the footbeds but did not find that the warmth gained was worth it. Thank you again!

Mike

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I don't think you'll need to grind or punch anything. Just as long as you can deal with the slight lump under where your toes meet your foot you'll be fine. I hated hotronics and had returned to chemical packs on top of my toes. So far I haven't noticed my toes getting cold yet, it hasn't been that cold yet though. Get the 1800 batteries if you can just so you never have to worry about running them on a higher setting.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thinking I may go the heated sock route, wondering if anyone with smaller feet has any experience with the 6.0 sizing? currently in a 22.5 LV Mach 1 women’s boot.

They seem to be currently sold out also?

and how are the Sidas as another option ?

thanks

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
how are the Sidas as another option ?
I tried out the Sidas socks and didn't like them. Ended up returning them. The element is tiny, and kind of ends up on the ball of the foot and not much on the toes. Got the Lenz 5.0 instead (didn't want compression) and are much better as it's top and bottom of toes.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
So now I’m curious if anyone with a foot smaller than 240 / Mondo 23 or 22 is happy with the small size Lenz 6.0?

seems to run larger as some mentioned the medium did.... too much excess fabric around the baby toe and the heel does not match - foot is too long. I would have ordered an XS if they made them.

do they stretch out after using or shrink?

Last edited:

Jb.schulte

Booting up
Skier
I agree the run a little large. I wear a US 9.5 and on the mondo foot measuring device I’m a hair over 26.5 which is more like a size 8.5. I have the Lenz 6.0 in size medium and they are a good fit.

Floyd47

Putting on skis
Skier
How is the durability of the Lenz heated socks? I was looking around online at the 6.1 model.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Just tried on my new 6.1's for the first time. Haven't tried sticking them in a boot yet, but they are definitely the thickest sock I've used in the past 20 years. Should be interesting, especially since I added Carv Sensors too. First day out this season might be more than a bit uncomfortable.

How quick do these typically take to warm up? It seems like it took about 5 minutes before I felt any heat at all while set at the highest setting. My previous Hotronic insoles, got super toasty really quick.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would really like to get the 6.1s but I'm probably 22 days in new boots and still wearing knee high nylons. I haven't even tried to get my threadbare ultra thin socks in there yet........ and still not sure the small would be small enough?

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I prefer the Hotronics. I like the fabric a lot better and the fit bette. Their software is superior also!r. I bought both and sent the Lenz back. I am using the XLP 2p BT Surround

For those that have not tried heated socks. You aren't going to feel heat. In fact very little, your feet just don't get cold. It's not like having noticeable heat around your foot.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January