• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lesser of Two Evils: Protein Powder or Ground Turkey?

Which is more like actual food? Protein powder or ground turkey?

• Protein Powder

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ground Turkey

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
You know there is something wrong when "more quinoa" fixes it.

In all fairness I made a half recipe the first time not knowing how it would turn out and added 1/4 cup extra quinoa to make enough meatloaf for the family ..... Up to that point I hadn't bought ground turkey in probably 15 years .... I liked the recipe b/c it was a bit healthier and gluten free....as compaired to a bread crumb /ketchup/ beef recipe.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Stuffed (red) peppers with bulgur wheat and Italian turkey sausage (instead of ground turkey or beef) are delicious. The bulgur wheat hides the texture issues of the turkey well. Friends don't let friends eat cooked green peppers. Too bitter!

In all seriousness, stuffed peppers, mushrooms, squash, etc., always sound good to me in theory, but then when it comes time to making it, I wonder why I'm wasting time stuffing the whatever and not making it a stir fry of sorts, or a quinoa/bulger/farro bowl. More power to you for not taking the shortcut!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
In all seriousness, stuffed peppers, mushrooms, squash, etc., always sound good to me in theory, but then when it comes time to making it, I wonder why I'm wasting time stuffing the whatever and not making it a stir fry of sorts, or a quinoa/bulger/farro bowl. More power to you for not taking the shortcut!
I do cheater cabbage rolls... Throw it all in a pot and serve it as slop. Tastes the same.. Half the effort.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Mostly because the presentation is fun.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does it matter?

They're all adopting Anglo words, expressions and idiom at a rate that's going to leave them without a proper language in ~50 years, just various Anglodialectic forms, similar to the various Indian English dialects.

In other words, I suppose it matters in a political reveal sense - any expressed reaction is evidence that a nationalist identity party is in power.

Bitter is the gateway to adult taste :) https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...-more-likely-tolerate-leafy-greens-180970081/

Coffee, hoppy beers, tonic all prove it. Disclaimer: yes, I grew up eating cooked green peppers.
All of those foodstuffs are fine being bitter,...but not green peppers. Yes, I grew up eating them too in stuffed peppers.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Raw kale is pretty harsh. My aunt can make a good salad out of kale. She tells me the trick is massaging it with your hands and soaking it in the right dressing. This will break it down a bit and then it can be chewed successfully. So kale can be good if done right, but most screw it up (including many restaurants).

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't think of anything good about it.

Kale is a decent organic replacement for green Scotch-Brite. :ogbiggrin:

Not a fan of kale. That said. I have had decent kale salad couple times in the last ten years or so. Not often, just couple times. Cooked kale, no.

My wife doesn't like collards and other greens too much, so I substitute kale. Works pretty well.

I am not fond of the usual leafy greens found in supermarkets. The usual suspects are kale, collard green, swiss chard and escarole. All are pretty tough. For more varied and tender greens, try stopping off at a Chinese grocery. can't beat the variety and price.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For kale you need to roughly cut out the spines and then chop up the remaining greens. Toss with this dressing and let it sort of marinate overnight.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
For kale you need to roughly cut out the spines and then chop up the remaining greens. Toss with this dressing and let it sort of marinate overnight.
Yes this is what I do. I prepare a bit ahead and let it sit in the dressing to soften it up. I hope all this kale makes up for the wings and beers... :roflmao:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Now, broccoli rabe, that prepared correct is awesome, not, not so much.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Portuguese kale soup is pretty good, but that’s because of the linguica!
Yumm.

I make a Kale, cannellini beans, chicken, and sausage soup, with home made chicken broth, and slice of the rind of some parmigiano reggiano thrown in for good measure. Oh, and a pinch of red pepper flakes too, unless you're already using a hot sausage. On a cold winter's night, it hits the spot.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January