• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non Region Specific Let’s Talk about guests!

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now that I know where the ceiling dents came from, you guys are barred for life! ;)

We said that when we read Jerez's post.
No wonder fees and cleaning are so expensive.
Not just that. Our cleaning fee nearly doubled because the previous cleaner couldn't keep workers for all the mountain town reasons/ no housing, bad wages, etc. So, the new one charges a lot more. Which is OK with me. I'd like to see those kids get paid better. But I'm sure it will reduce our bookings. It will make renting for less than 5 or more days unaffordable though. If this cleaner doesn't work out, I think we may pull it from the rental market altogether. Which is a shame because if lots of us do it, it means we'll go back to having a bunch of houses in mountain towns that are vacant 80% of the time and that just adds to the sprawl.

A new bullet as of this evening. Went to turn on the TV. Soundbar won't work. Turns out some fool decided to move the HDMI cables around on a wall mounted flat screen TV. Sheesh.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A new bullet as of this evening. Went to turn on the TV. Soundbar won't work. Turns out some fool decided to move the HDMI cables around on a wall mounted flat screen TV. Sheesh.

That may have been if they wanted to attach their own laptop to watch their own videos or if they had kids and wanted to play nintendo.

Possibly can be mitigated cheaply if you have a spare input dedicated for BYO device, with instructions and a neatly provided labelled HDMI cable (and apple dongle) and ready for people to connect to. Ala an office/business center conference room.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That may have been if they wanted to attach their own laptop to watch their own videos or if they had kids and wanted to play nintendo.

Possibly can be mitigated cheaply if you have a spare input dedicated for BYO device, with instructions and a neatly provided labelled HDMI cable (and apple dongle) and ready for people to connect to. Ala an office/business center conference room.
There are three HDMI options. Besides, if you unplug someone else's, would you not plug it back in? They didn't sign out of their apps and the evil me wanted to go rent expensive movies, but then the nicer me kicked in and I resisted.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
We do an 8 week rental in Whitefish, I've already committed to coming back to the house we're currently renting - next year will be year number 4. We haven't discussed next year's prices yet but right now it's pretty reasonable. My owner is Canadian and last year he couldn't get into the US because of covid. His cleaning crew wasn't quite as thorough as usual and he wasn't able to check up on them so we had to spend a little time getting it back into shape. No problem, you tend to have time on your hands when you camp out for 8 weeks waiting for snow - might as well stay busy. We also detailed the place before we left and he waived the cleaning fee for us.

I deliberately cultivated the relationship in the hopes it would be reciprocated and so far so good. We really like the house, it's got a lot of charm, it's a super quiet neighborhood and I don't resent being there if I'm not skiing. It's sad that there are so few reasonable people in this world - I don't get it really.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are three HDMI options. Besides, if you unplug someone else's, would you not plug it back in? They didn't sign out of their apps and the evil me wanted to go rent expensive movies, but then the nicer me kicked in and I resisted.
We stayed at an Airbnb in Denver back in January that had a smart TV set up so that you logged into your own streaming services and it logged you out upon departure. That was kind of neat beacause we watched the things we were familiar with and knew we were logged out when we left.

We do take our apple tv with us sometimes, but we bring our own cable and plug it into an empty HDMI on the TV.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid