• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eagle rare should be called Eagle Common around here. Almost every liquor store has it usually under $40. Blanton’s OTOH is not too common and is usually over $100.

Gift shop price
Eagle Rare $34
Blanton's $62
BT $28

Like I said, no ER around here... I do see Blanton's on occasion but at that price point, not something I would typically buy. (Guess I was consumed by the moment)

Interestingly, I find the BT for $21-25 here in AZ.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Eagle rare should be called Eagle Common around here. Almost every liquor store has it usually under $40. Blanton’s OTOH is not too common and is usually over $100.
Blanton’s used to be $60-$70 but even at that price I thought it was a bit overpriced. I’d rather spend that on a bottle of High West Campfire or Rendezvous Rye.

Reactions: mdf

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As for Costco, I first bought the Johnny Walker Double Black for obvious reasons, but kept it up because I like the mild smoky peaty flavor. The wife loves Laphroaig to amp up those flavors. But I'm a low brow bourbon drinker from my youth in Texas. I still like Ezra Brooks with its spicy rye notes.

Does anyone like grappa? My tastes are diverse...
Birthday gift from my daughter and son in law

View attachment 112670
I got the same for my birthday from my wife!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Anyone notice the massive advertising push from Makers Mark/ Knob Creek/ Jim Beam?

Anyone notice the '225 years' advertising?

Anyone notice that puts us back to - the Whiskey Rebellion where small producers had no tax advantages?

Coincidence?

225 years of NOT drinking Pennsylvania whiskey.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Found this High West degustation pack at Costco (85$ the 4 bottle of 375ml). I wanted to try them since a long time. I recently move in US from France so, I am more used to scotch and my preference goes to the Islay whisky.
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-06 at 6.42.59 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-12-06 at 7.10.37 PM.jpeg

They are very different but my preference goes from the Campfire (I love the Lagavulin 16, so peat is my friend) > American Prairie > Rendezvous rye > Double rye but a second degustation might change this order :roflmao:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Found this High West degustation pack at Costco (85$ the 4 bottle of 375ml). I wanted to try them since a long time. I recently move in US from France so, I am more used to scotch and my preference goes to the Islay whisky.
View attachment 117022 View attachment 117021

They are very different but my preference goes from the Campfire (I love the Lagavulin 16, so peat is my friend) > American Prairie > Rendezvous rye > Double rye but a second degustation might change this order :roflmao:
That's a phenomenal price. Campfire and Rendezvous are each $70 at the places I can find them around here. The others are more readily available at ~$30.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
That's a phenomenal price. Campfire and Rendezvous are each $70 at the places I can find them around here. The others are more readily available at ~$30.
These are « half » bottles but I thought the price was fair.

Reactions: Ogg

Sponsor

Staff online