• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 157282
Redbreast 27 yo Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey: Redbreast 12, 15, and 21 yo are
all delightful in their own right, however the 27yo Redbreast is sublime. In 2021,
the Beverage Testing Institute (BTI) awarded Redbreast 27yo Irish whiskey a
perfect 100 score (as a point of comparison, Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve
20yo got a 99 score
). At the Irish Distillers (makers of Jameson) Midleton location
in County Cork, the Redbreast 27 is enriched in ruby port barrels from Portugal’s Douro Valley. Redolent with opulent berry aromas on the nose, then bursting with vanilla, toffee, and tropical fruit on the tongue and palate, and extending through a long finish with some dark chocolate, along with hints of nutmeg, cinnamon, and other spices. Redbreast 27yo is a bit more expensive, but since it sits at the pinnacle of fine spirits, easily one of the best whiskeys in the world, it is well worth the cost for such impressive flavors!

A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE?!?!?

Got a spare $800 lying around??
Sounds delicious, though - how about a group buy?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Too bad you're about to run out of the Rendezvous - the new version (which is actually even better) is really scarce.
I can get the Rendezvous around here if i want to pay the price($80-$100) but the Campfire, which I prefer, is now "distillery only".

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can get the Rendezvous around here if i want to pay the price($80-$100) but the Campfire, which I prefer, is now "distillery only".
Rendezvous disappeared around here about 8 months ago, shortly after the "Limited Supply", fancy label release, as did the Campfire. There's tons of Double Rye and Prairie Bourbon. Their new, weird release program (presumably covid-related) is hopefully short-lived. the Rendezvous is available on line but at prices that drive me towards similar or better quality at lower prices.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Rendezvous is still readily available around here both old and new label. I suspect the change from shelfer to limited release probably has more to do with the MGP spigot getting cut off. I just hope they don’t ruin a good thing because it has been my favorite rye despite the increase in price $40-45 to $65-70.

I’d be OK drinking this all the time though.

8DA5DC65-BB0D-444A-9A87-19BE30996497.jpeg

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Picked up a Glenfiddich Fire & Cane when I was in the SLC area last week

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Speaking of SLC- what bourbons can you get there?
In NC all the liquor stores are state run and they don't stock many different types. Only in a blue moon can we get something as simple as Buffalo Trace.

Since I'll be driving out to SLC from NC- I'll be stopping along the way to see what I can find...

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Speaking of SLC- what bourbons can you get there?
In NC all the liquor stores are state run and they don't stock many different types. Only in a blue moon can we get something as simple as Buffalo Trace.

Since I'll be driving out to SLC from NC- I'll be stopping along the way to see what I can find...
The liquor stores in the SLC area I've been to have been pretty well stocked but when I'm there I tend to keep it local and go for High West which they always have at a decent price.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
The liquor stores in the SLC area I've been to have been pretty well stocked but when I'm there I tend to keep it local and go for High West which they always have at a decent price.
Too funny. I can get High West all day, everyday.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the smoothest, tastiest Irish that I think Ive had. Delicious. Just packing some for a ski trip

20220205_095529_HDR.jpg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Graham, I like my Irish Whiskey, I'll try and seek that one out at the local LCBO :thumb:
Have fun at Red for the next week !