• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow...this is disappointing as a long time HW drinker. Bummer. I also no longer drink Scotch..just is too heavy for me.
Some of the Highlands Scotch is pretty light. Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of the Highlands Scotch is pretty light. Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich.
I'm drinking some Glenmorangie 14 right now. Smoooooth.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I noticed that a high West Campfire is available again but after hearing the Rendezvous went downhill I’m unwilling to spend the money on it especially at $90 a bottle.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Monkey Shoulder is a pretty good blend for the money.
A blend of Glenfiddich, Balvenie, and Kininvie. Apparently, they don't just blend and bottle, they blend and then cask for a while and then bottle.

1664839339096.png

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can I get this with a less yucky name? (Maybe I'll just take the label off.)
Hahah. Yeah the name...a bit odd, but it's an homage to the workers who stir the mash by hand, or at least used to--probably all mechanized and automated now--After years of stirring, one of their shoulders would droop like a monkey's shoulder.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
glenfiddich-distillery-edition-main.jpg

I'm on the wagon due to diabetes (alcohol turns into sugar ...or so I hear..), but made an exception for our 40th reunion (Queen's Applied Science '82). My buddy brought a bottle of Scotch, picked up at the duty-free (and left me with about half a bottle when he flew back to California). We had to rush our traditional first shot due to being late for lunch (and hungry), so it seemed a tiny bit too harsh. He said it would be better with water. I had two fingers (in a wide glass), and knew I had been drinking. Potent stuff.

However, later that evening (or was it the next?) we had time to savour it slowly. Not bad at all neat - if taken very slowly.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, mustard. There’s a thread for you…just as nuanced as whisky /Bourbon. Gulden’s @Philpug ? Just for the Phil Rizzutto connection?
Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure there was a mustard thread.

Sponsor

Staff online