• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today's my birthday so my part-time neighbor brought me a present and some other delights.

View attachment 187048

The Angel's Envy was the gift. It was quite pleasant with its whispy hint of chocolate.

The two Blood Oaths, Part No. 6 and Part No. 7, were delightful as well although I'm no connoisseur. I was a bit partial to the No. 7 as the Sauterne cask seemed to add a little sweetness. While the No. 6 was excellent as well, it placed third with my Angel's Envy being numero uno.
Can't quite make out the label - is that the bourbon or the rye on the Angel's Envy?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Today's my birthday so my part-time neighbor brought me a present and some other delights.

View attachment 187048

The Angel's Envy was the gift. It was quite pleasant with its whispy hint of chocolate.

The two Blood Oaths, Part No. 6 and Part No. 7, were delightful as well although I'm no connoisseur. I was a bit partial to the No. 7 as the Sauterne cask seemed to add a little sweetness. While the No. 6 was excellent as well, it placed third with my Angel's Envy being numero uno.
Happy very belated birthday!

(I need some neighbors like you have ;) )

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow throw their drive all winter long and maybe they'll be generous. :rolleyes:
hey, I do do their drives on occasion, when a blower is warranted ... and typically at least their walks. Silly city may slap ya with a fine if not done in 24hrs.

I guess I'll have to up my frequency.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Maybe this belongs in the "you can't make this stuff up" thread.
Director and some other officials of the Oregon Alcohol & Cannabis control commission were forced to resign.
They were hiding bottles of top shelf bourbon for their own use !

One was Pappys that can sell for 1000's of dollars.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fascinating ..... what draws the smoke down into the glass??
Must admit to a little disappointment - thought that was a cherry being charred.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Fascinating ..... what draws the smoke down into the glass??
Must admit to a little disappointment - thought that was a cherry being charred.
I had good cherries in the drink and the smoke came from Cherry wood chips.

Basically the torch is forcing the smoke down.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know this is the wrong thread, but I couldn't find the Cognac thread.
I had to buy it; it was on sale! $20.00 (Canadian) off!
View attachment 193237

Maybe because it didn't have the fancy wooden box.
Had two glasses over Christmas Holidays.
It was good.
Left it in BC with my son.
My mother in law used to love Courvoisier. She'd stash it behind a curtain. We didn't know she kept a stash until our first dog sniffed it out on a visit.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My mother in law used to love Courvoisier. She'd stash it behind a curtain. We didn't know she kept a stash until our first dog sniffed it out on a visit.

That's a good dog!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1679004842528.png
Getting ready for tomorrow.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I stumbled across this at a relatively reasonable price. I will be going back for another bottle. I also have to update my review of the Stillhouse. On further tasting I have noticed the coffee flavor much more and have decided it is a keeper that will be in regular rotation for a while.
IMG_3061.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online