• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Glenlivet 12 in a Hennessey glass. Didn't realize that's what is was. Need to get some scotch glasses...

I love my fire table and the view...to die for...
I don't see anything wrong with 12 year old Glenlivet being sipped from a brandy glass. A nice 12 year old scotch should be treated like a nice brandy.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is my sad duty to deliver the notice of condemnation for the recent release of the "new" Far West Rendezvous rye.
After clamoring for it for too long, it has arrived only to fall flat on its face. I don't enjoy an overly sharp, heavy whiskey (completely given up on all Scotch) but this Rendezvous has an amazing lack of character, bordering on insipid. I don't even like the new label.
10 thumbs down. Such a shame; the original was very good.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It is my sad duty to deliver the notice of condemnation for the recent release of the "new" Far West Rendezvous rye.
After clamoring for it for too long, it has arrived only to fall flat on its face. I don't enjoy an overly sharp, heavy whiskey (completely given up on all Scotch) but this Rendezvous has an amazing lack of character, bordering on insipid. I don't even like the new label.
That is a shame. I haven't had a recent bottle, but I agree the new label is lousy.

I guess we should not be too surprised... a bad side effect of the new popularity of rye is that the underappreciated backlog stocks have run out.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
While not having inside knowledge, I fear High West made a conscious decision to soften the Rendezvous and perhaps over did it. It's actually weaker than their Double Rye. The horror.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sad to hear but thanks for the heads up. I almost splurged on a bottle last week but went for the Copper and Cask instead.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like the shot classes are very close together, might be tuff to get four people that close.
I don't think it's a shot ski. It's a carrier for a tasting flight. The glasses aren't attached to the ski.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow...this is disappointing as a long time HW drinker. Bummer. I also no longer drink Scotch..just is too heavy for me.

Sponsor