• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's talk Baseball!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Go Dodgers!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Go Yankees!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
No doubt MVP

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I've watched a bunch of Astros games this season just to see him play

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any player that has more extra base hits than strike outs is OK in my book.

TS
socalgal

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can't root for anyone not in Dodger blue at this point. Come November 2nd, then I can appreciate Altuve. He is fun to watch though.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I grew up as a Yankees fan back in the 70's. FWIW, today is the 40th anniv. of Reggie hitting the 3 home runs..but I digress. I cannot listen to the current Yankee broadcasters, Michael Kay....the Yankees win, the Yankees win, the Yankees wiiiiiinnnn. I miss the days old Phil Rizitto, Bill White and Frank Messer.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm a Mets fan from the Long Island days but OK with the Yankees doing well when everyone else I like is done for the season.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm a Mets fan from the Long Island days but OK with the Yankees doing well when everyone else I like is done for the season.
Dude, sorry. Kong Kingman, Lee Mazilli and Jon Matlock could not save those teams. Seaver was lucky to get traded to the Reds.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The game against the Astros....I have a story about that.
12 innings. I don't remember much from that other than I probably missed work the next day. No doubt I closed down the bar and got home around 4:30 am

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Then 16 innings. Not a very productive week for me fresh out of college hahahaha

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Phil, that "Yankeeeeees win" crap is John Sterling, the very obnoxious radio guy.
Michael Kay on YES isn't nearly as annoying, and when he has Ken Singleton, John Flaherty & David Cone on hand it's usually a good broadcast.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Phil, that "Yankeeeeees win" crap is John Sterling, the very obnoxious radio guy.
Michael Kay on YES isn't nearly as annoying, and when he has Ken Singleton, John Flaherty & David Cone on hand it's usually a good broadcast.
I turn on the radio for the last out whenever the Yankees win, then crank the volume on the stereo. I think the whole neighborhood is happy to hear that THE YANKEES WIN. Otherwise, Kay and all the others are way better than Sterling.

I was pretty happy when the Yankees pulled out of their mid-summer slump. It was starting to feel like 1995 again. Now it's starting to feel more like 1996, and the moral order of the universe will soon be restored.

dm

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
:huh: What are you all talking about? Baseball season is over. At least it lasted one game longer that usual. (It's not easy being a Rockies fan).

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January