• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's talk Baseball!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm also all for cutting it back to 154 game season,
I'd be happy with a 154 day season with 8 mandatory double headers.

This crap where some runner gets called out on a challenge because his foot lifts up for a split second when he's clearly safe is total bullshit.
I hate challenges in all sports. Either the call is right or not. If they miss it on the field, it is checked at the main office and corrected. None of this losing challenges and not being able to challenge later. THATS Bullshit.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I actually like the pitcher having to hit. I know it's generally a gimme..but some guys may be a lot more valuable. Like Ohtani.. Maybe it's too much of a throwback to when pitchers actually threw complete games..

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Frankly, it's a money issue. when you're paying a guy 30mln a year to pitch, you don't want him breaking an ankle running the bases. Those days are gone.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Sawx pounded Rays in the circus tent. Sale velo way down is a big concern.

Skip the circus tent game 5 wrap this up in Fenway.

Go sawx!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Watching a pitcher hit is one of the tell tales of how hard the game is. Almost every pitcher in the majors was the stud player on their teams probably from Little Leauge all through college with many hitting over .500 and I am sure a good amount have all of their High School hitting records. In the MLB, they are just flailing at the ball when up there.

scott43

Skier
Watching a pitcher hit is one of the tell tales of how hard the game is. Almost every pitcher in the majors was the stud player on their teams probably from Little Leauge all through college with many hitting over .500 and I am sure a good amount have all of their High School hitting records. In the MLB, they are just flailing at the ball when up there.
They look like clowns.. Joe's vs Pros. And you're right. I saw Tie Domi and Peter Zezel playing with a bunch of beer league guys at the rink one day when I was leaving. You think they look like dummies in the NHL..but they are SO much better than your average Joe. Domi got more than .5 points per game in the OHL. So he was quite good. But the NHL is just a cut above.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
SF <>LA game 3 highlights with some spectacular defensive work on both sides.

Not a baseball fan, but appreciative of all athletic endeavors, and that was some spectacular defensive fielding.

This kind of clip is perfect for me. Thanks for posting!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Scherzer was brilliant except for one mistake but it was a bad mistake. Post-season play has been epic this year. Last year was kind of not. That said, I savor 1-0 games. Although the Rays-Reds Sox games were anything but 1-0 and it was a fantastic series. Go Dodgers, White Sox and Milwaukee. We want to see some 5th/final games.

James

Out There
Instructor
Red Sox move on, some great defensive plays here too. Fenway can really produce runs quickly. Rays down 5-0 came back and lost it on basically failure to throw to first.
The game before featured the weird ball bounces off fielder and goes over wall play.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Red Sox move on, some great defensive plays here too. Fenway can really produce runs quickly. Rays down 5-0 came back and lost it on basically failure to throw to first.
The game before featured the weird ball bounces off fielder and goes over wall play.

A ring B ring C ring - 3 ring circus tent avoided

Go Sawx!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As a Phillies fan first, I hate the Braves more than I hate the Dodgers and I don't like either AL teams, and I like watching baseball so Go Dodgers. LOL

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sad to see the Giants magical season end on a bad call. I still bet he would’ve struck out, but that leaves a bad taste.

Still, an otherwise great game with stellar pitching and Mookie Betts going 4 for 4.

And for the record, I am an A’s fan (until they leave for LV, and then I don’t know what I will do).

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sad to see the Giants magical season end on a bad call. I still bet he would’ve struck out, but that leaves a bad taste.

Still, an otherwise great game with stellar pitching and Mookie Betts going 4 for 4.

And for the record, I am an A’s fan (until they leave for LV, and then I don’t know what I will do).
I agree with all of that. But another way to look at the call (which is one of the worst I've ever seen given everything and that's saying something. If you're gonna end a series on a check swing call from first you better be damn sure...as sure as you are of your gender) is to have the feeling of possibility of what might have happened instead of the reality that no one would be hitting Scherzer that inning, particularly with two strikes. Dodgers fans were more affected, robbed of a proper ending. Roberts played the game like a violin yet got criticized.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From Gabe Morales the umpire that made the check swing call:

"Check swings are one of the hardest calls we have. I don’t have the benefit of multiple camera angles when I’m watching it live."

So in other words, you weren't sure. Just apologize....

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow - first time I saw that. That was terrible. And I don’t like either of those teams.

scott43

Skier
Umps rarely apologize. I ref hockey sometimes. That's the code, never admit you were wrong!! Doesnt do any good.

James

Out There
Instructor
Mookie - 4 hits.

Pretty poor ending. I’m thinking mlb should allow review of those at the end of a game? Like the nfl in the last two minutes. Though it opens the door to horrible headset endings.

The check swing call was as bad as that safe call to first that ruined a perfect game some years ago. That ump did apologize as it was blatantly wrong.

So it’s Papa Cheater vs Son Cheater in the AL series.

Sponsor

Staff online