• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's talk Baseball!

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Been off the board for a few days. So Phils had Hou right where they wanted them down 5 to zip!! Didn't work out this time. How will the game postponement affect the rotations with the extra day of rest? Initially, it bumps Thor's start back a few games from what I read? Should be an interesting game 3 as the scene shifts to Citizens Bank Park.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0088.jpeg

Throwback Philles hat, check
Vintage Steve "Lefty" Carlton shirt, check (thanks @Living Proof)
Rolling Rock, check

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone else sports bet? If you really think you know a sport and its players more than the average serious fan, sports betting will give you an objective measure. My son is really good at it, he hits parlays regularly. I don’t bet in a regular pattern, I focus on things I think will pay off around 2 out of three times or better. If I think it’s 80% I’ll do a personal max bet.

So before the series I posted suggesting the HR series over/under (11.5) seemed like kind of an easy bet. The risk was a pitching oriented sweep. After 3 games there have been 9 HRs. Last night’s 5 Phillies HRs didn’t hurt. Thanks McCullers. I kinda went past my max bet on this one. I need another 3 HRs to pay next months heating bill.

James

Out There
Instructor
Two flip flop shut outs. This one a no hitter by Houston.

Interesting, that’s only the second no hitter in WS history. But seven times, the cities of the teams playing have also had a football game between the same cities, on the same day, as the WS game. Eagles at Houston, Houston at Philly, tonight.

Verlander vs Syndergaard

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Let's go Syndy. It's not hard for me to pull for the Phillies here..

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some missed opportunities for my Phillies last night with too many stranded runners. Not counting them out yet but they are in a tough spot.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some missed opportunities for my Phillies last night with too many stranded runners. Not counting them out yet but they are in a tough spot.
The Astros are the better team, especially with Altuve finding his mojo. The kid from West Chester with that catch in the 9th .... wow, that was the game.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Nobody, I mean NOBODY would have guessed Philly would be here at the All Star break. Houston's just got more firepower and a deeper bullpen. It ain't over yet though..

1667606646452.png

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If I’m honest I wasn’t sure they’d even make the playoffs in September. However it ends it’s been a fun ride. Love playoff baseball. Hard to say they’ve over achieved though with the salary they are carrying.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Call me a curmudgeon, but "team no-hitter" is kind of like "personal-best record"

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sucks getting so close and not finishing the deal, but it was a fun run.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We were actually working an event at a shop and didn’t get to watch the game …I figured if the Phillies won, I would see a game 7, if they lost, I didn’t want to see it anyway. I guess I got the latter. It was a helluva run.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was happy for about 5 minutes after Schwarber's home run then the floor dropped out. I wouldn't have removed Wheeler after only one single and then I would have brought in Eflin to give a different look to the relief pattern the Astros had been seeing since the start of the series. But they got farther than I thought they would so agree it was a worthwhile run in the playoffs.