• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's talk Baseball!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Dbacks first nl team with a negative run differential to make the ws, meanwhile my Pads had a very high pro stat in that category. Situational hitting and run scoring, shocking, makes a big difference! Fun alcs and nlcs.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Both of these teams earned their way in and not to take anything away from them but the powers to be in MLB must be dying, this will be one of the lowest ratings series in recent memory.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hats off to the Dbacks. Didn’t think they could do it after going down 2-0 but they out played the Phillies.

The Phillies lack of plate discipline and situational hitting was painful to watch The Dbacks pitchers challenged the Phillies bats by living outside the zone knowing that if they walked a runner here and there the next batters would be overly aggressive and chase. We didn’t need to swing for the fences and score ten runs every game to win this series but they refused to adjust. :huh:

James

Out There
Instructor
So disappointing. I’m sure Fox sports is thrilled about this series.
We could blame it on taking yet another pitcher out with two outs who’s doing ok. But, only scoring two runs it’s tough to win.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
MLB must be dying, this will be one of the lowest ratings series in recent memory.
MLB has had horrible ratings no matter what they 've done for the past decade plus. Hardly a huge difference. I think only Mets or Dodgers Vs Yankees or Red Sox would bump ratings a little bit..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hats off to the Dbacks. Didn’t think they could do it after going down 2-0 but they out played the Phillies.

The Phillies lack of plate discipline and situational hitting was painful to watch The Dbacks pitchers challenged the Phillies bats by living outside the zone knowing that if they walked a runner here and there the next batters would be overly aggressive and chase. We didn’t need to swing for the fences and score ten runs every game to win this series but they refused to adjust. :huh:
Thats the problem with streaky teams, streaks end. They reverted to the "First Half Phils".

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Phils were way too cocky and the Snakes were remarkably resilient. AZ's payroll is half the amount of Phil. Corbin Carroll is a stud and the athleticism speed and small ball is a throwback and I'm here for it. Harper and Turner were useless with 0 for 8 between them and big opportunities to earn their $. I could care less about ratings....I'm a baseball fan and TX and AZ clearly deserve to be there and I think both teams are likable. Sorry to the Philly fans here...sort of. As a Nat fan, Philly fans are not high on my list...nothing personal gang...:roflmao:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Both of these teams earned their way in and not to take anything away from them but the powers to be in MLB must be dying, this will be one of the lowest ratings series in recent memory.
2022 series (HOU/PHI) was the 3rd lowest rated series of all time.

The only ones with lower ratings were 2021 (HOU/ATL) and 2020 (TB/LAD)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Most of the national sports talk shows yesterday were talking about MNF and the start of the MLB season and an oh-by-the-way there was a 7th game on the NLCS that night.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Most of the national sports talk shows yesterday were talking about MNF and the start of the MBA season and an oh-by-the-way there was a 7th game on the NCLS that night.
didn't realize that sports talk and MBA season had that much overlap ... MBAs aren't (generally) great quants

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From The Fan Recap

Here are the updated odds for where Ohtani might land:

T1. Rangers: Odds: 6-1.
T1. Giants: Odds: 6-1.
T1. Dodgers: Odds: 6-1.
4. Mets: Odds: 8-1.5.
5. Red Sox: Odds: 10-1.
6. Angels: Odds: 15-1.
7. Cubs: Odds: 20-1.
8. Yankees: Odds: 22-1.
9. Padres: Odds: 25-1.
10. Mariners: Odds: 30-1.

This is a special case, and it will be interesting to see where he lands.

I am surprised the Mariners are that low.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Didn't their gm make a statement semi-recently about striving to be slightly above mediocre? Perhaps Ohtani would push them above that.

Also, I’l be wondering how a possible Soto trade would effect(or is it affect) those odds.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That double play in the 8th.. :eek: I was like how the hell did that actually happen??? :roflmao:

James

Out There
Instructor
^ And the best part if that is you get Chapman off the field. Texas is going to need luck and good defense with him pitching.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From The Fan Recap

Here are the updated odds for where Ohtani might land:

T1. Rangers: Odds: 6-1.
T1. Giants: Odds: 6-1.
T1. Dodgers: Odds: 6-1.
4. Mets: Odds: 8-1.5.
5. Red Sox: Odds: 10-1.
6. Angels: Odds: 15-1.
7. Cubs: Odds: 20-1.
8. Yankees: Odds: 22-1.
9. Padres: Odds: 25-1.
10. Mariners: Odds: 30-1.

This is a special case, and it will be interesting to see where he lands.

LAD have to be the odds on favorite for so many reasons....Ohtani is staying on the West coast.

Sponsor

Staff online