• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's talk Baseball!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Garcia and Scherzer to miss the rest of the series. Garcia is going to be missed, he was so exposive.

James

Out There
Instructor
That’s rough losing Garcia. Non stop fire!
So far, they’ve picked it up, scoring 5 in the 2nd.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What a show by the Rangers...10 straight on the road in the postseason. Seager and Semien signings have paid absolute dividends which isn't always the case when you sign top free agents (see San Diego Padres). The Dbacks have had a miraculous season but I'm ready to say that the Rangers will close this out shortly and become first time champs....someone correct me if I'm wrong. They didn't win it when they went in 2010 and 2011 and I think have never won it before. If they do win it...who does that leave as teams who have never won it? I know the Mariners and Rockies are on that list...

James

Out There
Instructor
Texas was impressive scoring 10 runs with two outs.
I wouldn’t count the dbacks out yet. Texas closers are pretty shakey. AZ scored 6 runs in the 8th and 9th last night. Usually that would be enough.
I do expect Texas to close it out. If they lose this one tonight, it could become a coin toss.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
DBACKS got a No No going. There, I've jinxed it! :crossfingers:

They need to check Gallen's glove for juice..

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Quite the game. Dbacks Gallen rolling along with a no hitter, Eovaldi constantly on the highwire about to get hammered. Still 0-0.
Wow, that error in the outfield just put the dagger in. Last night it was Walker playing 2nd made an error got no out instead of a double play. Texas then banged out 5 runs.

Texas really got lucky with Sborz coming up big in this game for two innings.
Despite being 4-1, this was a really good series.

Also, kudos to the fans in AZ . They filled the place and didn’t leave down 10-1, and continued to make noise.

Last edited:

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Rangers became a juggernaut. 10 in a row on the road...very impressive. The Washington Sentators finally win a WS! Lol. Don't tell me the Nats are the Senators...they are really the Expos. Congrats to TX on being the champs and AZ for a great season.

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Welp awards are handed out. I thought Mookie was more valuable to his team, but I, obviously, don't think the same as every voter! Im happy Snell won the cy young, but its pretty bitter sweet knowing, most likely, he wont be wearing a Pads uni next year. The manager of the year voting seemed…like the votes were made in September(yeah i know). Boch was manager of the al year in my brain, even though i was bandwagoning for orioles in October. Hotstove can begin. Council to the cubbies, not so sure on that move, time will tell. Who’s gonna be managing my pads? Will Soto start next season in sd? Big question where will Ohtani land, im hoping seattle.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
Ohtani to the Dodgers for $700 mil. They call that generational wealth. I saw a video the other day featuring some great MLB catchers reminiscing. Gary Carter made $16k and Carlton Fisk made $11.5k and Johnny Bench made $6k in their first seasons in the bigs. Fisk was rookie of the year.

Last edited:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
He’s amazing, but that deal seems pretty risky to me. But they’ll make money with him unrelated to team success. Makes my team’s silly long years/high money deals look like minimum wage.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ohtani to the Dodgers for $700 mil. They call that generational wealth. I saw a video the other day featuring some great MLB catchers reminiscing. Gary Carter and Carlton Fisk made $11k and $17k in their first seasons in the bigs.
If he plays 140 games a season, that is $500K per game!!!! Obviously the money is there. He might help the Dodgers reach the second round od the playoffs.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
. He might help the Dodgers reach the second round od the playoffs.

HahHa! Thank you, I needed that!

My Pads trade Soto for a not too exciting selection and the dreaded dodgers sign ohtani to a WOW contract… its been a tuff couple days in my sports world. What is their payroll going to be??

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
If he plays 140 games a season, that is $500K per game!!!! Obviously the money is there. He might help the Dodgers reach the second round od the playoffs.
It's was Ohtani kirazy here this week. All kinds of stupidity. People were tracking private birds out of LA to Toronto. Rumours of Yusei Kikuchi buying an entire floor of Toronto's best sushi restaurant. Just madness in a uniquely Toronto way. There's a fair chance our inferiority complex will cause us to shun baseball now.. :roflmao:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's was Ohtani kirazy here this week. All kinds of stupidity. People were tracking private birds out of LA to Toronto. Rumours of Yusei Kikuchi buying an entire floor of Toronto's best sushi restaurant. Just madness in a uniquely Toronto way. There's a fair chance our inferiority complex will cause us to shun baseball now.. :roflmao:
You still have a good lineup. Beating Dodgers in WS would be fun.

Sponsor

Staff online